Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bosch black coil label.. anyone have a source?
tod914
post Apr 14 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Looking for a blue label for my black coil. Anyone know of vendor that sells them? Thanks, Tod

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 14 2010, 10:32 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Tod - George at AA has said that he's trying to collect good examples to repoduce all of he 914 related labels, so maybe you can send him your label in the pix to use as a master. Call the good doktor! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Also, IIRC the old 8/72 one on my early 73 had a black on yellow/gold label on it, rather than this black on blue. So there may have been more than one style.

The coil in the pic looks sweet, why not use it as is? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
MrKona
post Apr 15 2010, 12:04 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4,469
Region Association: None

Hey I recognize those photos... On Ebay for a NOS black coil. I too was wondering the same thing about the decal.

Sierra Madre sells a 12V Bosch coil decal, but it's the oval shaped sticker, black letters on yellow background.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store...tail&p=1227

I just repainted my black coil and applied this decal, even though I assume it's not period correct for the 914.
+Quote Post
tod914
post Apr 15 2010, 09:28 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

All the black coils I had in the past, had this blue label on them. From a 73 74 75 model year cars with 2.0s. Certianly not to say the coils didn't have the yellow decals as well. That one on Ebay Bryan, doesn't have the correct part number for our cars. I would imagine that each coil has different characteristics. Wouldn't know which is compatable and which isn't. If I can get the correct dimnensions, maybe I'll get it reproduced locally. If not, I'll grab a yellow label. I would think with George's part stash, he would have a good example. I'll touch base with him as well. Thanks.
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Apr 15 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #5

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

Hell, you could probably make one on a inkjet printer with the sticker sheets. I know my epson uses some kind of water resistant ink.
+Quote Post
tod914
post Apr 15 2010, 09:39 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Ah that sounds like a good solution. I'll load up photoshop again and see if I can create the artwork for it. Sounds like that's worth testing out.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 15 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #7

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 15 2010, 08:35 AM) *

Hell, you could probably make one on a inkjet printer with the sticker sheets. I know my epson uses some kind of water resistant ink.

You would need to use a plastic or plasitcized decal material with a clear cover sheet over the ink, but even that may not stand up to the heat in that engine bay & generated by the coil "in action"!

Check with George &/or others on what they've used to print on for the engine bay decals in similar heat & harsh conditions.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Apr 15 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

QUOTE(MrKona @ Apr 14 2010, 11:04 PM) *

Hey I recognize those photos... On Ebay for a NOS black coil. I too was wondering the same thing about the decal.

Sierra Madre sells a 12V Bosch coil decal, but it's the oval shaped sticker, black letters on yellow background.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store...tail&p=1227

I just repainted my black coil and applied this decal, even though I assume it's not period correct for the 914.

yup for the 356.
+Quote Post
MDG
post Apr 15 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #9

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

Hey, Tod! Can't help you on the label but here's a pic of the old coil out of my '73. Sounds like what Tom was talking about.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
sww914
post Apr 15 2010, 04:54 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,146

Fairly simple, that one. Just send the artwork your local graphics place and have them print a few on vinyl. If they don't last forever, it's OK if you have 10 of them and they cost $0.25 each. Plus, they didn't last forever in the first place or else nobody would be looking.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 11:18 AM