Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bosch black coil label.. anyone have a source?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Looking for a blue label for my black coil. Anyone know of vendor that sells them? Thanks, Tod

Click to view attachment

Tom_T
Tod - George at AA has said that he's trying to collect good examples to repoduce all of he 914 related labels, so maybe you can send him your label in the pix to use as a master. Call the good doktor! biggrin.gif

Also, IIRC the old 8/72 one on my early 73 had a black on yellow/gold label on it, rather than this black on blue. So there may have been more than one style.

The coil in the pic looks sweet, why not use it as is? confused24.gif
MrKona
Hey I recognize those photos... On Ebay for a NOS black coil. I too was wondering the same thing about the decal.

Sierra Madre sells a 12V Bosch coil decal, but it's the oval shaped sticker, black letters on yellow background.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store...tail&p=1227

I just repainted my black coil and applied this decal, even though I assume it's not period correct for the 914.
tod914
All the black coils I had in the past, had this blue label on them. From a 73 74 75 model year cars with 2.0s. Certianly not to say the coils didn't have the yellow decals as well. That one on Ebay Bryan, doesn't have the correct part number for our cars. I would imagine that each coil has different characteristics. Wouldn't know which is compatable and which isn't. If I can get the correct dimnensions, maybe I'll get it reproduced locally. If not, I'll grab a yellow label. I would think with George's part stash, he would have a good example. I'll touch base with him as well. Thanks.
underthetire
Hell, you could probably make one on a inkjet printer with the sticker sheets. I know my epson uses some kind of water resistant ink.
tod914
Ah that sounds like a good solution. I'll load up photoshop again and see if I can create the artwork for it. Sounds like that's worth testing out.
Tom_T
QUOTE(underthetire @ Apr 15 2010, 08:35 AM) *

Hell, you could probably make one on a inkjet printer with the sticker sheets. I know my epson uses some kind of water resistant ink.

You would need to use a plastic or plasitcized decal material with a clear cover sheet over the ink, but even that may not stand up to the heat in that engine bay & generated by the coil "in action"!

Check with George &/or others on what they've used to print on for the engine bay decals in similar heat & harsh conditions.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(MrKona @ Apr 14 2010, 11:04 PM) *

Hey I recognize those photos... On Ebay for a NOS black coil. I too was wondering the same thing about the decal.

Sierra Madre sells a 12V Bosch coil decal, but it's the oval shaped sticker, black letters on yellow background.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store...tail&p=1227

I just repainted my black coil and applied this decal, even though I assume it's not period correct for the 914.

yup for the 356.
MDG
Hey, Tod! Can't help you on the label but here's a pic of the old coil out of my '73. Sounds like what Tom was talking about.

Click to view attachment
sww914
Fairly simple, that one. Just send the artwork your local graphics place and have them print a few on vinyl. If they don't last forever, it's OK if you have 10 of them and they cost $0.25 each. Plus, they didn't last forever in the first place or else nobody would be looking.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.