Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Raby engine in Dallas Area?
Rob-O 1167
post Apr 25 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,280
Region Association: None

So my car is finally home and I've driven it around the last few days (awesome weather for it here in Texas). It's a 1.8 with a single Holley and runs like crap. I'm contemplating just finding the FI system through the classifieds, buying what I need to make it workable and installing that. But before I do that I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble since eventually I'd like to swap the engine for something a little more powerful.

I've been in Rich Johnson's 914-6 (3.0L), and driven a 2.8L RSR motored 914-6. I've owned 2.0L and driven quite a few from carb'ed to FI.

What I haven't had the pleasure of (so far) is riding or driving a Raby motored car. I like the idea of 150-170 HP (and the resulting torque) in a 914. So my question is, does anybody here in the DFW area have a Raby motor in their 914?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thomasotten
post Apr 25 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,349

Well, if you get no better offers, I have a 2056 engine with dual dellortos built from a Raby kit in San Antonio.
+Quote Post
jpnovak
post Apr 25 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #3

They call me "Nanoman"

Member No.: 10,736
Region Association: Southwest Region

There is a Raby motor here in Austin.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:08 AM