Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Raby engine in Dallas Area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rob-O 1167
So my car is finally home and I've driven it around the last few days (awesome weather for it here in Texas). It's a 1.8 with a single Holley and runs like crap. I'm contemplating just finding the FI system through the classifieds, buying what I need to make it workable and installing that. But before I do that I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble since eventually I'd like to swap the engine for something a little more powerful.

I've been in Rich Johnson's 914-6 (3.0L), and driven a 2.8L RSR motored 914-6. I've owned 2.0L and driven quite a few from carb'ed to FI.

What I haven't had the pleasure of (so far) is riding or driving a Raby motored car. I like the idea of 150-170 HP (and the resulting torque) in a 914. So my question is, does anybody here in the DFW area have a Raby motor in their 914?
thomasotten

Well, if you get no better offers, I have a 2056 engine with dual dellortos built from a Raby kit in San Antonio.
jpnovak
There is a Raby motor here in Austin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.