Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tie Rod Ends, Theaded Backwards
JJ914
post Apr 25 2010, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Big JJ

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,374
Region Association: None

I got some tie rod ends from AA last year and just around to putting them on today. Got the old one off and tried to install new one. Seems that the new ones threads are cut reversed, so they will not screw in my track arm. Looked at pictures of other ends on AA and Pelican and they seem to go the right way. Am I missing something here. Anybody in Augusta GA have one I can get tomorrow.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Apr 26 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

QUOTE(JJ914 @ Apr 25 2010, 12:48 PM) *

I got some tie rod ends from AA last year and just around to putting them on today. Got the old one off and tried to install new one. Seems that the new ones threads are cut reversed, so they will not screw in my track arm. Looked at pictures of other ends on AA and Pelican and they seem to go the right way. Am I missing something here. Anybody in Augusta GA have one I can get tomorrow.

tie rods should be the same thread pitch for both sides right hand threads meaning that they screw in clockwise. There are identical tie rods that screw in counter clockwise
+Quote Post
JJ914
post Apr 26 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #3

Big JJ

Member No.: 3,374

OK, the ones that are on my car screw in clockwise, the new ones would be the counterclock wise ones, want work. So my car should have the correct track arms? I talked to Charlie there today, he was going to look at the ones on the shelf and see which way they screwed in before he shipped them. Thanks for the help George.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:36 AM