Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tie Rod Ends
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JJ914
I got some tie rod ends from AA last year and just around to putting them on today. Got the old one off and tried to install new one. Seems that the new ones threads are cut reversed, so they will not screw in my track arm. Looked at pictures of other ends on AA and Pelican and they seem to go the right way. Am I missing something here. Anybody in Augusta GA have one I can get tomorrow.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(JJ914 @ Apr 25 2010, 12:48 PM) *

I got some tie rod ends from AA last year and just around to putting them on today. Got the old one off and tried to install new one. Seems that the new ones threads are cut reversed, so they will not screw in my track arm. Looked at pictures of other ends on AA and Pelican and they seem to go the right way. Am I missing something here. Anybody in Augusta GA have one I can get tomorrow.

tie rods should be the same thread pitch for both sides right hand threads meaning that they screw in clockwise. There are identical tie rods that screw in counter clockwise
JJ914
OK, the ones that are on my car screw in clockwise, the new ones would be the counterclock wise ones, want work. So my car should have the correct track arms? I talked to Charlie there today, he was going to look at the ones on the shelf and see which way they screwed in before he shipped them. Thanks for the help George.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.