Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Temecula Area Dawn Patrol May Run, This Saturday ! - Sat May 8
76-914
post Apr 28 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

First things first. I apologise to those who have been waiting patiently. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) You too, Lew. Poor Lew was a victem of the club site transfer down time. He didn't know of this site (at the time) and missed the posted cancellation. So guess who calls me that Sat am looking for us? It gets worse. He drives in from Palm Spgs to Lake Elsinor for WHAT? I encouraged him to make the run anway; as long as he was there. My wife and I had just made it the previous weekend @1030hrs and it was nice. I can't wait till a 0630 cruise. We should have it pretty much to ourselves that early. After a few "teething" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) problems I'm ready to roll. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) At one point I thought I would wait to schedule the next run until I had started the 914! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) I did make it to G&R's BBQ and back this Sunday with relatively few imagined problems (kinda like flying a single engine plane over water) so I think I'm good to go.
One thing I learned from Lew's experience was to keep the meeting spot close to a major road. That being said, I propose we meet in the parking lot of the Lake Elsinor Home Depot. It's only 2 blocks off the 15 and can be seen easily. When traveling IH15, take the Central Ave./HiWay 74 exit. Go west to Collier (which is the first intersection) and take a right (appx 1 block off the 15 and there is a stop light). You will see the Depot on your right side about 1/2 a block down.
In case you missed the previous posts, this run will take us through a beautiful part of the Cleveland forest and end in San Juan Capistrano. Some nice twisty roads to be enjoyed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) prior to 1000hrs. As always, I do not promote hazardous driving styles (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) but some times those curves just slip up on me and it's at those times I'm greatful I'm driving a Porsche. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

0600 - 0630 : Meet in parking lot, drink coffee (byoc), BS, photo's, etc.
0630 : Depart for San Juan Capistrano
0715 : Arrive San Juan, Denny's restaurant, breakfast, more BSing,pic's, check out our rides.
0800 - 0815 : Depart for return leg.
0900 : return to starting point, say Adios, pic's, etc.

I've pushed this up about 30 min's for two reasons. The sun rises earlier now and the traffic could be an issue. If you plan on going, PM me for my cell # and don't wait till the last night. I can only respond to one PM per day via the board.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 02:33 AM