Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Temecula Area Dawn Patrol May Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
First things first. I apologise to those who have been waiting patiently. poke.gif You too, Lew. Poor Lew was a victem of the club site transfer down time. He didn't know of this site (at the time) and missed the posted cancellation. So guess who calls me that Sat am looking for us? It gets worse. He drives in from Palm Spgs to Lake Elsinor for WHAT? I encouraged him to make the run anway; as long as he was there. My wife and I had just made it the previous weekend @1030hrs and it was nice. I can't wait till a 0630 cruise. We should have it pretty much to ourselves that early. After a few "teething" happy11.gif problems I'm ready to roll. headbang.gif At one point I thought I would wait to schedule the next run until I had started the 914! av-943.gif I did make it to G&R's BBQ and back this Sunday with relatively few imagined problems (kinda like flying a single engine plane over water) so I think I'm good to go.
One thing I learned from Lew's experience was to keep the meeting spot close to a major road. That being said, I propose we meet in the parking lot of the Lake Elsinor Home Depot. It's only 2 blocks off the 15 and can be seen easily. When traveling IH15, take the Central Ave./HiWay 74 exit. Go west to Collier (which is the first intersection) and take a right (appx 1 block off the 15 and there is a stop light). You will see the Depot on your right side about 1/2 a block down.
In case you missed the previous posts, this run will take us through a beautiful part of the Cleveland forest and end in San Juan Capistrano. Some nice twisty roads to be enjoyed driving.gif prior to 1000hrs. As always, I do not promote hazardous driving styles slap.gif but some times those curves just slip up on me and it's at those times I'm greatful I'm driving a Porsche. shades.gif

0600 - 0630 : Meet in parking lot, drink coffee (byoc), BS, photo's, etc.
0630 : Depart for San Juan Capistrano
0715 : Arrive San Juan, Denny's restaurant, breakfast, more BSing,pic's, check out our rides.
0800 - 0815 : Depart for return leg.
0900 : return to starting point, say Adios, pic's, etc.

I've pushed this up about 30 min's for two reasons. The sun rises earlier now and the traffic could be an issue. If you plan on going, PM me for my cell # and don't wait till the last night. I can only respond to one PM per day via the board.
silver74insocal
Glad to see you back on the road Kent, i should be at this one beerchug.gif Dave
'73-914kid
Hmm.. I should be able to go Kent... I have Prom that evening, but I'm back by 11:00 AM latest anyways. Thank you for not doing it this weekend!

BTW: need any parts for your teener? I noticed you were having fuel pump and some other problems?
76-914
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Apr 28 2010, 09:18 PM) *

Hmm.. I should be able to go Kent... I have Prom that evening, but I'm back by 11:00 AM latest anyways. Thank you for not doing it this weekend!

BTW: need any parts for your teener? I noticed you were having fuel pump and some other problems?

As of last nite; I don't need any parts. lol-2.gif I'll keep you in mind as I am doing the brakes this weekend. Now we just need to get some of the poke.gif OC guys to meet with us for breakfast and maybe make the return leg w/ us.
'73-914kid
Haha, okay man, sounds good! I have brake parts from the parts car, so just in case you need something... can't afford to not have one this month.. These runs are critical to my mental health as teh school year comes to a closure
76-914
icon_bump.gif
wallys914
I may be there, last weekend I had some fuel issues that I do not know if I have straightened out enough to drive to Temecula. You guys could always go another 11.5 miles up the 5fwy to Cars and Coffee in Irvine...
(They have breakfast too) Just a thought!

76-914
QUOTE(wallys914 @ May 5 2010, 01:21 PM) *

I may be there, last weekend I had some fuel issues that I do not know if I have straightened out enough to drive to Temecula. You guys could always go another 11.5 miles up the 5fwy to Cars and Coffee in Irvine...
(They have breakfast too) Just a thought!

Or you could drive down and have breakfast with us. Just makes more sense that one drive down as opposed to many driving up. Huh? We'd love to see you and any of the poke.gif other teeners in the region. Running or not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.