Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Front bumperettes -Group buy Product to start shipping week of NOV 1, Now even better $99 or $110 shipped !!!
ClayPerrine
post May 4 2010, 10:43 AM
Post #21

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 3 2010, 11:02 PM) *

Clay - save the steak for the BBQ - bag of frozen peas works as well & doesn't cost as much & the steak tastes better! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Here's my 2 cents worth - items left from the infamous 1985 Bimbette Run-in of my then freshly restored 73 2L - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
"Titz in Action" - or "what happens to old titz" ~ they sag & get wrinkly - or "Mashed Titz"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

I don't have peas in my freezer, I hate peas! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

And dude.. your car needs a bra!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 4 2010, 10:47 AM
Post #22

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ May 4 2010, 06:48 AM) *

mikey I would be interested, on one of the sides is nla..

^ Nope - wrong end! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) ....

Joe & Mikey - when I checked last year both sides up front were NLA at the dealers, although someone may have some NOS.

There is one rear tit still available for now (R side IIRC), but fronts & rears are different molds/shapes. I think that is what Joe is thinking is available.

Mark - you're okay on making these fronts with all/both NLA, & you may want to put the rears on a side-burner for the near future - although they're only for one MY in 74 only 914s, which is probably why the one rear is still available, but IIRC even it's part count inventory is down from what someone with a 74 told me (Tom Bliznick might know). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
tracks914
post May 4 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #23

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

I can't believe nobody has said this yet (I'm disappointed) but
NICE TITS! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 4 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #24

TMI....

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 4 2010, 09:43 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 3 2010, 11:02 PM) *

Clay - save the steak for the BBQ - bag of frozen peas works as well & doesn't cost as much & the steak tastes better! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Here's my 2 cents worth - items left from the infamous 1985 Bimbette Run-in of my then freshly restored 73 2L - (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
"Titz in Action" - or "what happens to old titz" ~ they sag & get wrinkly - or "Mashed Titz"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I don't have peas in my freezer, I hate peas! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon8.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

And dude.. your car needs a bra!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

That's why just about everyone has an unopened bag of the dang peas in their freezer - someone gets them & nobody eats them, so wuddaya do!? I used to use them as ice packs the day after games/matches in my Rugby playing days, but now I'm so decrepit that I keep Advil in business just working on my cars! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I finally got a bra & 3 sets of titz to transplant - tried implants, but nobody could blow those suckers back up!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

.... but first I have a whole S-load of bodywork & rust to take care of before she gets re-titted! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Clay - those "mashies" were what was left after the Sorority Ditz hit my freshly restored 914 in a UCLA parking structure & pushed it 2 feet into the concrete wall when she "... forgot to turn left & go up the ramp ...." & rammed my 914 full speed ahead in her 78-80 Honda Accord, thereby mashing both ends!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

.... mind you, I parked on the flat end at the sides & end space specifically to avoid idiots & runaways down the ramps! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

So something to ponder - are the 70-72 & 75-76 "tit-less" 914's the "boyz" & 73-74 & 75-76 "titted" 914's "girlz"? ... "he" & "she" cars? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Something else to ponder - are 74's what they had in mind when they had that saying: "As useless as Teats on a Pig's Arse"???? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 4 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #25

TMI....

QUOTE(tracks914 @ May 4 2010, 09:49 AM) *

I can't believe nobody has said this yet (I'm disappointed) but
NICE TITS! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)

We've been waiting for you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 4 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #26

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 4 2010, 12:03 PM) *

So something to ponder - are the 70-72 & 75-76 "tit-less" 914's the "boyz" & 73-74 & 75-76 "titted" 914's "girlz"? ... "he" & "she" cars? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

If that is true, then you can explain to my wife that her car, whom has had a male name for 25 years, is actually female.

+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 4 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #27

TMI....

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 4 2010, 10:13 AM) *

If that is true, then you can explain to my wife that her car, whom has had a male name for 25 years, is actually female.

Pat Garvey has the same problem with his 72 "Fritz" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If her's is "Frodrick" after Young Frankenstein, then Gene Wilder has always been a bit iffy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

.... maybe you could make her some "danglers" to hang off the back bumper to make her feel better about her dilemma? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

We'd better stop this silliness though, as we're hijacking poor Mikey914's titty thread with our Shenanigans! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 4 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #28

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 4 2010, 01:42 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 4 2010, 10:13 AM) *

Pat Garvey has the same problem with his 72 "Fritz" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

If her's is "Frodrick" after Young Frankenstein, then Gene Wilder has always been a bit iffy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

.... maybe you could make her some "danglers" to hang off the back bumper to make her feel better about her dilemma? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

We'd better stop this silliness though, as we're hijacking poor Mikey914's titty thread with our Shenanigans! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Yes, It is Frodrick... and I could get her some of those fake testicles that hang under truck bumpers. Maybe that would help?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Arruughh!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hijacked.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 4 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #29

TMI....

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 4 2010, 11:50 AM) *

Yes, It is Frodrick... and I could get her some of those fake testicles that hang under truck bumpers. Maybe that would help?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Arruughh!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hijacked.gif)

"Nice grouping!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

... we saw it 7 or 8 times when it came out, & used to be could quote any appropriate or inappropriate line from it as needed! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
... of course it was only a buck or two to see a movie then folks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Sorry Mikey, couldn't resist - I'm an irreverent Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Monty Python, Faulty Towers, Bennie Hill, Red Sketon, etc. fan, & passed the disease onto my 21 year old son with DVDs of them all! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

"Where's Poppa?" is playing this week on THIS network, but don't miss the gorilla suit opener! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 4 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #30

Resident German

Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 2 2010, 07:56 PM) *

Check out my tits -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nx5Ja3CWmY

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post May 4 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #31

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 4 2010, 02:34 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ May 4 2010, 11:50 AM) *

"Nice grouping!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

... we saw it 7 or 8 times when it came out, & used to be could quote any appropriate or inappropriate line from it as needed! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
... of course it was only a buck or two to see a movie then folks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

Sorry Mikey, couldn't resist - I'm an irreverent Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles, Monty Python, Faulty Towers, Bennie Hill, Red Sketon, etc. fan, & passed the disease onto my 21 year old son with DVDs of them all! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

"Where's Poppa?" is playing this week on THIS network, but don't miss the gorilla suit opener! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

More appropriate to this thread....

What knockers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
914four
post May 4 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #32

Member No.: 7,582
Region Association: South East States

I need a set of front as well as rear for my restoration.

Kelvin
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post May 4 2010, 10:00 PM
Post #33

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

The rears could be made, but the cost may be prohibitive, unless there is some volume. With a single year, that may not happen, but we'll see. Right now there's not allot of interest in the fronts.
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post May 4 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #34

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

I'm be interested in two sets but I have "another" bill to get straight with you first!
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 4 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #35

TMI....

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 4 2010, 09:00 PM) *

The rears could be made, but the cost may be prohibitive, unless there is some volume. With a single year, that may not happen, but we'll see. Right now there's not allot of interest in the fronts.

Mark - I'm not sure that a couple of days, weeks or even months is a true test of the demand out there for either type.

While this involves only 1 or 2 model years of production - they were the peak production years involving approximately 40-50% of the total production of all 914/4s for the 6 MYs involved.

I used the crude method of splitting 50% of the production for the production by calendar year in the 914 info section here for the 73 & 74 MYs, & come up with roughly 49,000+/- 73 & 74 MY 914's produced with front tits, & 22,700 of those as 74 MYs with rear tits - out of roughly 115,000 toal 914/4's produced in 70-76 MYs.

So roughly 20% of all 914/4's had both front & rear tits, & almost 43% had front tits ~ not bad odds.

Also consider that roughly 24,000+ or 21% were the more popular 73-74 2.0's, which are more likely to be preserved & restored given their higher value, & better candidates for your tits.

Unfortunately it's going to be a long term proposition for you to make & market these, but maybe starting an advance interest list here, 914club, clubNARP, Pelican & 914Rubber could enable you to make up a "when I reach this number I'll start production" goal?

However, the risk with that approach will be that you'll lose some potential early sales because some interested parties will find other used or NOS parts around to fill the gap if it's delayed to long for their project's schedules, some of whom may still buy later.

+Quote Post
Mikey914
post May 4 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #36

The rubber man

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 4 2010, 09:34 PM) *

Mark - I'm not sure that a couple of days, weeks or even months is a true test of the demand out there for either type.

While this involves only 1 or 2 model years of production - they were the peak production years involving approximately 40-50% of the total production of all 914/4s for the 6 MYs involved.

I used the crude method of splitting 50% of the production for the production by calendar year in the 914 info section here for the 73 & 74 MYs, & come up with roughly 49,000+/- 73 & 74 MY 914's produced with front tits, & 22,700 of those as 74 MYs with rear tits - out of roughly 115,000 toal 914/4's produced in 70-76 MYs.

So roughly 20% of all 914/4's had both front & rear tits, & almost 43% had front tits ~ not bad odds.

Also consider that roughly 24,000+ or 21% were the more popular 73-74 2.0's, which are more likely to be preserved & restored given their higher value, & better candidates for your tits.

Unfortunately it's going to be a long term proposition for you to make & market these, but maybe starting an advance interest list here, 914club, clubNARP, Pelican & 914Rubber could enable you to make up a "when I reach this number I'll start production" goal?

However, the risk with that approach will be that you'll lose some potential early sales because some interested parties will find other used or NOS parts around to fill the gap if it's delayed to long for their project's schedules, some of whom may still buy later.

I had kind of come to the same conclusion on these parts. There's a unique back story in the production of these that i will not get into, but most of the work is done on these. So I'm at a crossroads of if I do these before the WAS top or after. Either way they'll be done within 6 months, it's just a matter of how fast. One of the problems I have run into is the price point I charge discourages potential vendors from buying from me as I don't have a large margin on these to give up on the wholesale side.

-Mark
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 5 2010, 06:26 PM
Post #37

TMI....

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 4 2010, 09:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 4 2010, 09:34 PM) *

I had kind of come to the same conclusion on these parts. There's a unique back story in the production of these that i will not get into, but most of the work is done on these. So I'm at a crossroads of if I do these before the WAS top or after. Either way they'll be done within 6 months, it's just a matter of how fast. One of the problems I have run into is the price point I charge discourages potential vendors from buying from me as I don't have a large margin on these to give up on the wholesale side.

-Mark

Maybe offer them a referral fee instead, then you stock & ship & give them a split of the profit. That also keeps out the large mark-ups from your price to the vendors' retail pricing. Retailers need to recognize that not everything is going to have a 40-60%+ mark-up, as grocery stores have found with their wafer thin margins.

So the no stock referral fee option may be a workable solution. That's apparently how Johannes does his 914 tee-shirts, etc.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 5 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #38

TMI....

BTW Mark - this is the rear tit still available which I found last year, retailing at about $70 - so your $140 for a pair up front seems about right to me.

http://www.automotion.com/product.asp?pf_i...mp;dept_id=4125

Oh - & I just remembered that I still need you to send me your biz card for your architectural products, & you might want to send one to Jeff Bowlsby too, since he's "in the business" too (A&E).

Tom T
Orange CA
///////
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 5 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #39

The rubber man

Need to get the count on these firmed up, As I had said before, I had another vendor that wanted me to make these exclusively for him, so I made the tooling on spec. He backed out.

So, most of the tooling has been done. As some of my other projects are in range of being online, I wanted to revist these. I will be making them as it's the only way I'll get any tooling back. I'm estimating I can have product in about 3-4 weeks.
So, who want a set $125 a pair in the group buy?
SHIPPED DOMESTIC or
$115 local pick up
+Quote Post
MDG
post Oct 5 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #40

Wolf in wolf's clothing.

Member No.: 10,018

in for a set
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 02:01 PM