Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> i think it's official .... the 914 IS a bastard!!, list of cars at rennsport 2
ein 6er
post Apr 3 2004, 04:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 300
Region Association: None

http://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.co...m/news/007/218/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ablose58
post Apr 3 2004, 05:18 AM
Post #2

rust never sleeps

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,422

Well those bastards don't know a great car if it ran right up their butt! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_flagge24.gif)
+Quote Post
maf914
post Apr 3 2004, 07:20 AM
Post #3

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

Doug,

Have you or anyone checked into ticket prices? I see $60 for the weekend pass, but I am curious what the daily ticket price will be, since I may be there for only one day. I guess I could call the track Monday.

I wonder what day will be better, Saturday or Sunday?

Also the entry list in your link looks like the high end cars with race histories. I assume there will be races featuring the typical historic entries, which should include the 914, 356, 911, etc. Is that correct or is this event only for the guys with big $$$? I have the schedule but not the entry lists.

Mike
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Apr 3 2004, 08:18 AM
Post #4

rich herzog

Member No.: 513

those cars are gathered into run groups to make interesting racing, pretty much by the FIA classifications in effect at the time. there are a lot of interesting cars unrepresented there. for instance - there's no 911RS's.

in the early '70's Porsche was concentrating on achieving their first overall win at Le Mans and you see quite the selection of 917's. all the featured cars at this event represent the very best factory and privateer efforts at the very highest level of international competition at the time.

i think it'd have been great to see the #40 Sonauto car - but maybe it wasn't available, and there are no cars from any of the GT classes represented. the 914/8's were definitely interesting cars -- never competed anywhere. there were many interesting national championships won in 914's, and a 914/6 won the IMSA GTU championship at least once.

but the featured cars are from the upper levels. while the 914.6 was winning GTU, it was getting lapped by the 935's - and there are lots of those present. the 914 has acquitted itself well in the lower rungs of international motorsport, but this is clearly an event for the 'A-List' cars of the time.
+Quote Post
maf914
post Apr 3 2004, 12:03 PM
Post #5

Not a Guru!

Rich,

So only those high-end cars in the entry list will be on the track? The cars that typically run in HSR and SVA won't be present?

Mike
+Quote Post
Van914
post Apr 3 2004, 12:04 PM
Post #6

Van914

Member No.: 90
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I don't know whats up here. My friend has a confirmed entry for his 914 GT-5 car. See all who show up for this event.
Van914

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Apr 3 2004, 12:13 PM
Post #7

rich herzog

i just read the list on the webpage. i have no idea what all activites are scheduled, and when i found out i was doing something else that weekend, stopped following all the details.

i know there is contact information available - contact someone at Redman's and ask is all i can really suggest...
+Quote Post
ein 6er
post Apr 4 2004, 06:14 AM
Post #8

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 300

yeah, i suppose that list is for all the big boy$, but i think the 914 is the only model missing from the list. <_<

mike, i only know what is on the rennsport site. it looks like group 5 is the catch all class with the 914s in it.

i think there is only 1 ticket, $60. when i went to the hsr historics. i was hit with a "parking fee" of, i think, $15 on top of the ticket price!!

i'll be there sat/sun.

doug
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Apr 4 2004, 07:49 AM
Post #9

rich herzog

QUOTE(ein 6er @ Apr 4 2004, 04:14 AM)
...i think the 914 is the only model missing from the list....

well - lessee - production Porsches not on the list. mind you, i doubt you 356 #1 will be racing much, but 356 -is- on the list so ...

911RS
+Quote Post
maf914
post Apr 5 2004, 01:31 PM
Post #10

Not a Guru!

For those considering going, I called the ticket office and was told that daily ticket prices are $30. The advance three day pass is $60.

As usual, the ticket people couldn't provide much info concerning the event.

Mike
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 08:07 PM