Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i think it's official .... the 914 IS a bastard!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ablose58
Well those bastards don't know a great car if it ran right up their butt! smilie_flagge24.gif
maf914
Doug,

Have you or anyone checked into ticket prices? I see $60 for the weekend pass, but I am curious what the daily ticket price will be, since I may be there for only one day. I guess I could call the track Monday.

I wonder what day will be better, Saturday or Sunday?

Also the entry list in your link looks like the high end cars with race histories. I assume there will be races featuring the typical historic entries, which should include the 914, 356, 911, etc. Is that correct or is this event only for the guys with big $$$? I have the schedule but not the entry lists.

Mike
ArtechnikA
those cars are gathered into run groups to make interesting racing, pretty much by the FIA classifications in effect at the time. there are a lot of interesting cars unrepresented there. for instance - there's no 911RS's.

in the early '70's Porsche was concentrating on achieving their first overall win at Le Mans and you see quite the selection of 917's. all the featured cars at this event represent the very best factory and privateer efforts at the very highest level of international competition at the time.

i think it'd have been great to see the #40 Sonauto car - but maybe it wasn't available, and there are no cars from any of the GT classes represented. the 914/8's were definitely interesting cars -- never competed anywhere. there were many interesting national championships won in 914's, and a 914/6 won the IMSA GTU championship at least once.

but the featured cars are from the upper levels. while the 914.6 was winning GTU, it was getting lapped by the 935's - and there are lots of those present. the 914 has acquitted itself well in the lower rungs of international motorsport, but this is clearly an event for the 'A-List' cars of the time.
maf914
Rich,

So only those high-end cars in the entry list will be on the track? The cars that typically run in HSR and SVA won't be present?

Mike
Van914
I don't know whats up here. My friend has a confirmed entry for his 914 GT-5 car. See all who show up for this event.
Van914

smilie_pokal.gif
ArtechnikA
i just read the list on the webpage. i have no idea what all activites are scheduled, and when i found out i was doing something else that weekend, stopped following all the details.

i know there is contact information available - contact someone at Redman's and ask is all i can really suggest...
ein 6er
yeah, i suppose that list is for all the big boy$, but i think the 914 is the only model missing from the list. <_<

mike, i only know what is on the rennsport site. it looks like group 5 is the catch all class with the 914s in it.

i think there is only 1 ticket, $60. when i went to the hsr historics. i was hit with a "parking fee" of, i think, $15 on top of the ticket price!!

i'll be there sat/sun.

doug
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(ein 6er @ Apr 4 2004, 04:14 AM)
...i think the 914 is the only model missing from the list....

well - lessee - production Porsches not on the list. mind you, i doubt you 356 #1 will be racing much, but 356 -is- on the list so ...

911RS
maf914
For those considering going, I called the ticket office and was told that daily ticket prices are $30. The advance three day pass is $60.

As usual, the ticket people couldn't provide much info concerning the event.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.