Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> rear caliper RIBE fasteners
woodgeek
post May 12 2010, 07:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,544
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Do all 914 rear calipers use the funky RIBE fasteners? I'm spending this coming weekend working on my 1975 1.8 and I'm trying to gather up / order all of the tools and supplies I'll need.

My 914 runs but idles rough and the brakes are frozen. So, I've ordered / rounded up the following:
  • vacuum hoses
  • vacuum / pressure gauge
  • f/r brake lines
  • brake pressure bleeder / speed bleed nipples
  • intake manifold sleeves (the four short ones)
  • a dwell meter
  • rebuilt front calipers
  • rebuild kit for the rear calipers
  • injector seals
  • triple-square bits
  • lots of printed how-to's from Pelican & 914 World
  • etc, etc, etc
This weekend I plan on getting the timing sorted out, resolving my vacuum leaks, valve adjustment, install front calipers, rebuild the rear calipers, bleed the brakes, figure out why the alternator light is on AND take my teener out for a nice long drive (with a toolbag and cell phone stashed in the trunk). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The only thing I'm uncertain about are the RIBE fasteners on the rear calipers. I've read that the RIBE fasteners are used on the early 914's -- are they only on the early ones? Mine is a '75; will it have those fasteners? The reason I'm asking is the car is 200 miles away so I can't walk out and check. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) I'm bringing my torx bits and a propane torch just in case. I've heard that using the torx bits on ribe fasteners can be hit or miss.

thanks,
dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:35 AM