Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Had a visitor to Area51Werks today. Included an Alien Autotopsy, 914coop and son Dan
rick 918-S
post May 16 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #1

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

I received a PM from Irv Cooper (914coop) He told me his son was rear ended in the 914 and he couldn't get anyone in the metro to even give him an estimate much less do any repairs. I told him iof he could drive up to my place I would not be able to a full on repair but I could at least get the rear fender off the tire.

Well I should have taken a photo when they arrived. The following photos don't do justice to the kind of damage the car suffered. The right rear tail light was crushed, the rear body panel was pushed into the trunk, The right rail was kinked and cracked. The right rear wheel opening was almost touching the tire and was accordianed over the tire. Irv's sone Dan said the car vibrated when he drove it.

It's far from perfect but Dan will have the car for the summer. Over the winter I may mount the car on the Celette and get all the pickup points and bumper mounts set in the right place.

Dan has steel flares and all the parts for a five bolt conversion. We had a great time today! The best of weather and we all got our hands dirty.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:48 AM