Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Had a visitor to Area51Werks today. Included an Alien Autotopsy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
I received a PM from Irv Cooper (914coop) He told me his son was rear ended in the 914 and he couldn't get anyone in the metro to even give him an estimate much less do any repairs. I told him iof he could drive up to my place I would not be able to a full on repair but I could at least get the rear fender off the tire.

Well I should have taken a photo when they arrived. The following photos don't do justice to the kind of damage the car suffered. The right rear tail light was crushed, the rear body panel was pushed into the trunk, The right rail was kinked and cracked. The right rear wheel opening was almost touching the tire and was accordianed over the tire. Irv's sone Dan said the car vibrated when he drove it.

It's far from perfect but Dan will have the car for the summer. Over the winter I may mount the car on the Celette and get all the pickup points and bumper mounts set in the right place.

Dan has steel flares and all the parts for a five bolt conversion. We had a great time today! The best of weather and we all got our hands dirty.

rick 918-S
Couple more
rick 918-S
And away they go!
Gint
smilie_pokal.gif Nice goin Rick.
iamchappy
Thanks for helping them out Rick, Irv and Dan have made a few stops over to my place for parts and a turbo car ride, i am glad they found the real expert to handle the job. I have no doubt that their car is going to turn out very nice.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(iamchappy @ May 16 2010, 10:21 PM) *

Thanks for helping them out Rick, Irv and Dan have made a few stops over to my place for parts and a turbo car ride, i am glad they found the real expert to handle the job. I have no doubt that their car is going to turn out very nice.

I gave Dan a trunk lid with a turbo style whale tail mounted on it. He was stoked. The car still needs some serious work but at least they can drive it for now.

I told him I would try to put together some pricing for the insurance adjuster. The adjuster told them he had no way to write an estimate on a classic car.
Tom_T
Nice work!! - It gives me hope on my double-ended mashy rust bucket Rick that you gave me input a few weeks back! biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 17 2010, 02:18 AM) *

Nice work!! - It gives me hope on my double-ended mashy rust bucket Rick that you gave me input a few weeks back! biggrin.gif

You can do it Tom! biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
smash.gif smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.