Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Car offer $$$$, Does this sound like a scam or what? I say run!
EdwardBlume
post May 21 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #21

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Just one of many steps to becoming a victim...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post May 21 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #22

Ski Bum

Member No.: 128

I had a similar offer last year, almost the exact wording and discription!

I e-mailed back that if they want to purchase the car they should send the money order to thier friend who owns the shipping company and have them cash it and give me the money when they pick up the car!

I never hear from them again!
+Quote Post
mipstien
post May 21 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 11,576
Region Association: South East States

couldn't help it.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/4chanmemeandmotivational.files.wordpress.com-11576-1274476413.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
tracks914
post May 21 2010, 07:43 PM
Post #24

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

My latest reply to him.,

I will sell the car to you but for payment you can send the check to your shipping company, have them cash it and pay me in good old cash. $500 bills preferred. When they have cleared your check they can call me with the pick up and payment details. Please provide the shipping company name and bonding number so that I can do a background check on the legitimacy of the company. While working in law enforcement I feel it is necessary to track down internet scammers in order to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. I am sure you are not one of these. Just where do you want the car shipped to anyways?
Tx
Doug
+Quote Post
tracks914
post May 21 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #25

Canadian Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 153
Region Association: None

My latest reply to him.,

I will sell the car to you but for payment you can send the check to your shipping company, have them cash it and pay me in good old cash. $500 bills preferred. When they have cleared your check they can call me with the pick up and payment details. Please provide the shipping company name and bonding number so that I can do a background check on the legitimacy of the company. While working in law enforcement I feel it is necessary to track down internet scammers in order to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. I am sure you are not one of these. Just where do you want the car shipped to anyways?
Tx
Doug
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post May 21 2010, 08:01 PM
Post #26

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

Dear M: I accept your offer, however, I need your help. My bank won't accept your check now because I had to deposit $24,000 into a Nigerian account yesterday, to help the disposed Crown Prince get his $4.3 million out of the country. If you would be so kind as to deposit the cashiers check with my attorneys, Do We Cheat Em and How, along with an additional $5000 in cash or bearer bonds, my bank will then release my account. I'll put your $5k back in the glove box of the car so you can get it when the shipper delivers. Thanks Much! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 03:46 AM