Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TWM Throttle Bodies, TWM throttles, SDS efi turnkey system
rhodyguy
post May 22 2010, 11:35 AM
Post #21

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

apologies in advance for this one, and it is purely my feeble opinion...

you have put what i think is the cheapestly engineered and produced linkage system on an ultra high end fi system. here are a few issues i have encountered when i attempted to use one. some people claim to have great success with them. more often than not after frabrication and reengineering.

1 an incomplete setup. as in lack of throttle cable holder. the monster thick baseplates are overkill.

2 the x bar design allows for alot of slop. the pivot balls and springs loaded in the bar, and the offset angularity can allow for side shifting of the bar. this built in feature affects the angle and opperational length of the droplinks. this can allow one set of throttle plates to open earlier than the other set. you may have equal flow at IDLE but when the plates open that goes away.

3 eventually the hardened steel springs in the shaft will cut into the pivot ball adding in more slop. other factors will accelerate this action and you will be tossing and replacing.

4. why is there what appears to be a spacer or velocity stack on the base of the mounting plate? is it a spacer to keep the throttle arm from hitting the base plate?is that a cb product? whatever the case it's appearent the spacer is incompatible with the studs on the TBs.

stepup to a TRAID linkage (based on the old wietmiester). some may complain about its cost, but it WORKS! i don't know if jake raby is producing his cable linkage. it sounded like a good option. maybe the Redline linkage. you're fighting the linkage right from the gitgo. i hope the dialing in process goes smoother.

k

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Teknon
post May 22 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #22

The more I learn the dumber i think I am

Member No.: 2,505
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Well thank you gentlemen for coaxing me through a stress session with my 73. i drilled out the CB filter bases to fit the TB's. Dremel with a spur bit and Grey RTV Hahahah no duct tape or wire used is always good. I will keep looking at different throttle controls after this for sure. Now onto the next opportunity. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Joe DiTommaso
+Quote Post
azbill
post May 22 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,403
Region Association: Southwest Region

Joe -- I am using the Sidewinder bell crank throttle link age. I sell these if your interested. I'll PM you some pictures

Bill Shaffer
+Quote Post
ottox914
post May 23 2010, 09:42 AM
Post #24

The glory that once was.

Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Check out the SDS thread listed below, page 4, for pics of the linkage I got from classic speed and parts, here is their site: http://classicandspeedparts.com/ I don't recall the part #, but if you surf their site, or give them a call and describe it, they may still have them. I think it was intended for a 356 if I recall correctly. I did have to add a little length to the rods- initially they were just barely long enough to use the double nut to lock things down, and I had a nut work loose and the rod fall out of the connector to the ITB on one side. Going up a steep hill. And suddenly having 1/2 a motor. Scary. So when I got back, I took the rods to a local welding shop, they added 1/2 an inch or so to the length, and now it works perfectly. Not so pretty as it was before, but hidden down low behind the intercooler, no one has noticed.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 12:33 PM