Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SOLD early rain tray with one crack $75 plus shipping, Pat Garvey are you still looking for one ?
bdstone914
post May 24 2010, 07:31 AM
Post #1

bdstone914

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,319

This is the best early rain tray I have ever found. It has one crack at a screw mount hole that I will repair. Just got it yesterday and can get pictures later today.

Pat Garvey has first chance.
Old Guys Rule. I know, I am one.

Bruce
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
plas76targa
post May 24 2010, 07:34 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1,700
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Bruce, can I be second in line after Pat? would be nice to have a rain tray here in the east ! Thanks!
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post May 24 2010, 07:37 AM
Post #3

bdstone914

You are second in line.
Bruce
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post May 24 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #4

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

What's an "early" rain tray?
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 24 2010, 11:44 AM
Post #5

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

What's an "early" rain tray?

the bottom is flat, instead of molded.. I had one on my 1st 914, cracked of course... they seem more prone to cracking from what I've seen, but the later ones do not mount on early cars perfectly.
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post May 25 2010, 08:29 PM
Post #6

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 24 2010, 07:31 AM) *

This is the best early rain tray I have ever found. It has one crack at a screw mount hole that I will repair. Just got it yesterday and can get pictures later today.

Bruce

Yeah Bruce, I'm interested but would like a pic of the crack before & after. BTW, how will you repair it?

Not trying to sound dubious here, but in my garage I currently have my original (one serious crack at the left mount), two with 2 cracks, one with 3 cracks, and another that appears to have been used as a nesting place for Elephants (unbelievably warped). All but the original were purchased after pics were sent that successfully hid the cracks/warps.

All I want is one nice tray that will actually mount on the car without flopping around.
Pat

ps: appreciate the right of first refusal! Old Farts rule!
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post May 25 2010, 09:26 PM
Post #7

bdstone914

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 25 2010, 05:29 PM) *

Bruce

Yeah Bruce, I'm interested but would like a pic of the crack before & after. BTW, how will you repair it?

Not trying to sound dubious here, but in my garage I currently have my original (one serious crack at the left mount), two with 2 cracks, one with 3 cracks, and another that appears to have been used as a nesting place for Elephants (unbelievably warped). All but the original were purchased after pics were sent that successfully hid the cracks/warps.

All I want is one nice tray that will actually mount on the car without flopping around.
Pat

Pat,

Here are he pictures. I understand about being dubious. I have hunted 914 parts for years here in Southern California which is like the Pick a part Porsche garden of Eden and have never found one close to this condition.
I have some industrial quality super glue that I would use. I might even cut up another late rain tray in the same area and glue the same piece in back to reinforce it.
Bruce
Let me Know what you think.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img214.imageshack.us-1319-1274844397.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img580.imageshack.us-1319-1274844397.2.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img155.imageshack.us-1319-1274844397.3.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img576.imageshack.us-1319-1274844398.4.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img291.imageshack.us-1319-1274844398.5.jpg)

+Quote Post
plas76targa
post May 26 2010, 07:21 AM
Post #8

I'm patiently waiting in the 'on deck circle'. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bruce - (slight highjack) i haven't scrutenized the mail lately but did you send the two relays yet? Recall paypal just before WRC. Thanks!
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post May 26 2010, 08:02 AM
Post #9

stoya, stoya, stoya

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

how will you repair it?

JB weld, on the inside of the rain tray, then worked into the crack fiked mine great, and the fix can't be seen from the engine bay, or through the grates in the engine lid... FWIW. for anyone readying the post and wondering (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) mine wasn't at the mounting hole though.
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post May 27 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #10

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 25 2010, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 25 2010, 05:29 PM) *

Bruce

Pat

Pat,

Here are he pictures. I understand about being dubious. I have hunted 914 parts for years here in Southern California which is like the Pick a part Porsche garden of Eden and have never found one close to this condition.
I have some industrial quality super glue that I would use. I might even cut up another late rain tray in the same area and glue the same piece in back to reinforce it.
Bruce
Let me Know what you think.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img214.imageshack.us-1319-1274844397.1.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img580.imageshack.us-1319-1274844397.2.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img155.imageshack.us-1319-1274844397.3.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img576.imageshack.us-1319-1274844398.4.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/img291.imageshack.us-1319-1274844398.5.jpg)

Bruce.......Matt gets it! Thanks for thinking of me, but that tray is just like my original, and I need one that is perfect.

Looked for 6 years before I got a rear "snowplow", so I'll keep looking.

Good luck Matt.
Pat
+Quote Post
plas76targa
post May 28 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #11

Thanks Pat. Bruce, I replied to your IM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 01:44 AM