Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD early rain tray with one crack $75 plus shipping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
bdstone914
This is the best early rain tray I have ever found. It has one crack at a screw mount hole that I will repair. Just got it yesterday and can get pictures later today.

Pat Garvey has first chance.
Old Guys Rule. I know, I am one.

Bruce
plas76targa
Bruce, can I be second in line after Pat? would be nice to have a rain tray here in the east ! Thanks!
bdstone914
You are second in line.
Bruce
TROJANMAN
What's an "early" rain tray?
tat2dphreak
What's an "early" rain tray?

the bottom is flat, instead of molded.. I had one on my 1st 914, cracked of course... they seem more prone to cracking from what I've seen, but the later ones do not mount on early cars perfectly.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 24 2010, 07:31 AM) *

This is the best early rain tray I have ever found. It has one crack at a screw mount hole that I will repair. Just got it yesterday and can get pictures later today.

Bruce

Yeah Bruce, I'm interested but would like a pic of the crack before & after. BTW, how will you repair it?

Not trying to sound dubious here, but in my garage I currently have my original (one serious crack at the left mount), two with 2 cracks, one with 3 cracks, and another that appears to have been used as a nesting place for Elephants (unbelievably warped). All but the original were purchased after pics were sent that successfully hid the cracks/warps.

All I want is one nice tray that will actually mount on the car without flopping around.
Pat

ps: appreciate the right of first refusal! Old Farts rule!
bdstone914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 25 2010, 05:29 PM) *

Bruce

Yeah Bruce, I'm interested but would like a pic of the crack before & after. BTW, how will you repair it?

Not trying to sound dubious here, but in my garage I currently have my original (one serious crack at the left mount), two with 2 cracks, one with 3 cracks, and another that appears to have been used as a nesting place for Elephants (unbelievably warped). All but the original were purchased after pics were sent that successfully hid the cracks/warps.

All I want is one nice tray that will actually mount on the car without flopping around.
Pat

Pat,

Here are he pictures. I understand about being dubious. I have hunted 914 parts for years here in Southern California which is like the Pick a part Porsche garden of Eden and have never found one close to this condition.
I have some industrial quality super glue that I would use. I might even cut up another late rain tray in the same area and glue the same piece in back to reinforce it.
Bruce
Let me Know what you think.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

plas76targa
I'm patiently waiting in the 'on deck circle'. smile.gif

Bruce - (slight highjack) i haven't scrutenized the mail lately but did you send the two relays yet? Recall paypal just before WRC. Thanks!
tat2dphreak
how will you repair it?

JB weld, on the inside of the rain tray, then worked into the crack fiked mine great, and the fix can't be seen from the engine bay, or through the grates in the engine lid... FWIW. for anyone readying the post and wondering smile.gif mine wasn't at the mounting hole though.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 25 2010, 09:26 PM) *

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ May 25 2010, 05:29 PM) *

Bruce

Pat

Pat,

Here are he pictures. I understand about being dubious. I have hunted 914 parts for years here in Southern California which is like the Pick a part Porsche garden of Eden and have never found one close to this condition.
I have some industrial quality super glue that I would use. I might even cut up another late rain tray in the same area and glue the same piece in back to reinforce it.
Bruce
Let me Know what you think.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Bruce.......Matt gets it! Thanks for thinking of me, but that tray is just like my original, and I need one that is perfect.

Looked for 6 years before I got a rear "snowplow", so I'll keep looking.

Good luck Matt.
Pat
plas76targa
Thanks Pat. Bruce, I replied to your IM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.