Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> West Coast Mid-Engine Shootout June 12th and 13th
grantsfo
post May 25 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #1

Arrrrhhhh!

Group: Members
Member No.: 433
Region Association: None

Porsche Club of America Golden Gate Region is hosting the 3rd annual Mid-Engine Shootout June 12th and 13th at Alameda NAS.

This is an autocross focused on all mid-engine cars produced by Porsche and is event to crown fastest mid-engine Porsche that shows up and runs both days for combined time fastest times from the 2 day event. Usually a few categories. Fastest car, Fastest street car, Fastest driver over 55, etc.

Do you have a friend with a 917 just sitting in a museum? Convince them to come out! We have seen a 908 show up to an autocross before! Do you have an old 914 race car that hasn't seen any action for a few years dust it off and come play with us! Does your neighbor have a Carrera GT, Cayman S, a Boxster or a 914 that you want to help them drive? This is your chance to see how you stack up against the fastest mid engine autocross cars in the West!

This should biggest gathering of mid-engine Porsches at an autocross in California. We had over 60 mid-engine Porsches from all over the West Coast the last time this event was held in California! No PCA membership required if you are driving a Porsche. If you dont have a mid engine Porsche you're welcome to show up in much slower rear or front engine Porsches as well! Get the word out!

Registration for event can be found here and you need to register for both days if you're going to attend the Mid-engine Shootout:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/eve...06BD416979BC699

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/eve...A7B1885938B354B

GGR PCA Website:

www.pca-ggr.org/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 27 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Arrrrhhhh!

So anyone going? I'm signed up. Looks like we have two So Cal guys so far!
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post May 27 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Anyone have a car I can drive and a place I can stay? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
6freak
post May 28 2010, 07:55 AM
Post #4

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 27 2010, 04:33 PM) *

Anyone have a car I can drive and a place I can stay? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Eric Fry of the PNW will be down there to show the Cali boys how its done ....Silver 914 with god only knows what color valance`s and rocker`s ....damn fast driver with a very good car......he made someone cry(whine) last year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) ....so all you cali boys better bring your A game
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 28 2010, 09:32 AM
Post #5

Arrrrhhhh!

QUOTE(6freak @ May 28 2010, 06:55 AM) *

Eric Fry of the PNW will be down there to show the Cali boys how its done ....Silver 914 with god only knows what color valance`s and rocker`s ....damn fast driver with a very good car......he made someone cry(whine) last year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) ....so all you cali boys better bring your A game

Yes he is a good driver ...and I think I saw him in the Boxsters rear view mirror at his first event with GGR this season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) He's going to need to sharpen up his game if he is going to beat the Barbie mobile.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post May 28 2010, 09:51 AM
Post #6

QUOTE(grantsfo @ May 28 2010, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ May 28 2010, 06:55 AM) *

Yes he is a good driver ...and I think I saw him in the Boxsters rear view mirror at his first event with GGR this season. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) He's going to need to sharpen up his game if he is going to beat the Barbie mobile.

umm...no, you didn't see him at GGR (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) . Plus he's running a tired 2.7. He's a cowboy driver that somedays can pull amazing times out his ass and other times he is way off. If he is coming, and he is on, he will be good competition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post May 28 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #7

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ May 28 2010, 08:51 AM) *

umm...no, you didn't see him at GGR (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) . Plus he's running a tired 2.7. He's a cowboy driver that somedays can pull amazing times out his ass and other times he is way off. If he is coming, and he is on, he will be good competition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Yes, he did. Try to keep up, Jon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post May 28 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #8

Eric went to GGR this year? I thought he went down last year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif) . Oh well, like I said, when he is on he is very fast. If he is off he is WAY off.
+Quote Post
DanT
post May 29 2010, 08:27 AM
Post #9

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

actually Eric has been to a couple of our events this year...
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post May 29 2010, 08:55 AM
Post #10

Wow, I wonder why he's been going all the way down there. That's a decent trip. He should be at the AX today so I can find out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 29 2010, 09:01 AM
Post #11

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

when mike was rebushing his car, eric told me he has been to the bay area a few times this past year while working on projects for his employer.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post May 29 2010, 04:43 PM
Post #12

Yeah, I just found out from his wife he is down there until they finish a job. Sounds like he is going to run more events down there this year than he will up here.
+Quote Post
fp racer
post May 29 2010, 05:07 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 11,172

Not me, I will be at Laguna Seca for round three in Scca. Good luck guys.
+Quote Post
koozy
post May 30 2010, 03:44 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 7,931

Eric was "ON' yesterday at the zone event AX held at Sears. The car stuck like glue and he was on the hammer more than off. Crazy fast. Y'all better look out cuz if he is on then there is another gun in town and he aint shootin blanks.
+Quote Post
koozy
post May 30 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 7,931

I chatted with him a bit after the event. He says he will be there. BTW: He was sporting a 2009 shootout shirt.....
+Quote Post
grantsfo
post May 31 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #16

Arrrrhhhh!

Yeah Eric isnt bad for a guy in an antique 914. Think my car put a second or two on him the last time Dan and I drove against him. Youre going to need to send in 914 reinforcements stronger than his car if youre going to hold off the Boxster from taking overall win with better AX drivers than me in the cockpit.

+Quote Post
6freak
post May 31 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #17

MR.C

Member No.: 8,829

Careful or we will send Leeds Gulick down with his scary fast 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Say hi to Eric from all his PNW friends .....careful he`ll talk your ear off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
J P Stein
post May 31 2010, 04:48 PM
Post #18

Irrelevant old fart

Member No.: 45

QUOTE(6freak @ May 31 2010, 02:27 PM) *

Careful or we will send Leeds Gulick down with his scary fast 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) Say hi to Eric from all his PNW friends .....careful he`ll talk your ear off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

No need, the local 914 guys been handing him his ass.. ...complete with his head up there. What is it now...0 & 2 lately.
+Quote Post
hmeeder
post May 31 2010, 07:52 PM
Post #19

Dante's Sportscar

Member No.: 3,154

OK, What the Eff?

Gotta have some people commit to the shootout people!

I registered last week and as of now there are only Grant and Evan; me and Sean in the 10JREEN and Scott Miner.

Where the hell are the competitors? The only ones that are talking smack are Grant and Evan and no one is paying any attention to them, anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/KMA.gif)

Doesn't anyone remember the last shootout? That was a full on blast and seeing cars and drivers from all over CA and points North was a real treat.

If there isn't a significant spike in attendence in the next few days, we are going to have to bow out. There's no way I'm driving all the way up from SD to parade around with only a small handful of people.

I know that B isn't here to drive the bus this time around, but someone's got to get on, right!

Time to sac up!
+Quote Post
DanT
post May 31 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #20

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

there will be plenty of folks in attendance...lots of norcal and GGR folks sign up the last 10 days or so, it will pick up in the next week. Plan on there being at least 80 or more people, and of those at least 50% will be midengine cars...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:53 AM