Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Excited about My new Addtiction, New 914
jabberwocky
post Jun 4 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,653
Region Association: None

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 4 2010, 11:58 AM) *

My mother-in-law still thinks my 914 is a Fiat...

The guitar player in my band was trying to convince me it was a Fiat the first time he saw it, even after he realized it was mine and I should know.

This is why I got the 75 with the huge plastic PORSCHE emblem on the back. Well not really but it will probably help with the fiat thing.

I never remember anyone ever calling my Fiat a Porsche. Got a "is that a Miata" a few times (learn your cars people).
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
corsepervita
post Jun 4 2010, 04:14 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 11,631
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(jabberwocky @ Jun 4 2010, 11:37 AM) *

The guitar player in my band was trying to convince me it was a Fiat the first time he saw it, even after he realized it was mine and I should know.

This is why I got the 75 with the huge plastic PORSCHE emblem on the back. Well not really but it will probably help with the fiat thing.

I never remember anyone ever calling my Fiat a Porsche. Got a "is that a Miata" a few times (learn your cars people).

When people say stuff like that..... arg.

See for the most part anymore I just say a random comment that'll go with it. I get that a lot. For instance.... my Ducati has a dry clutch and I have it ventilated with half a cover on it, so it rattles like a son of a bitch. People always ask me "is your bike okay?" when they hear the rattle, assuming something is broken. Of course internally I'm going ("ugh.. really dude, would i ride it if my bike was rattling because it had a mechanical problem as is?") I used to explain why it was loud, but eventually got tired of explaining wet clutch vs dry clutch and most people don't like listening to technical ramble anyway. Often times now I just reply with "Oh it's fine, they just run better without oil." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) and get (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) looks from people who can't tell if i'm serious or not.

One time at a gas station some guy was like "DUDE nice 9! errr... 928, wait no, 911" when i was filling up my 944. I just said "Thanks." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) One time a guy even asked of my 944 was a Ford Probe till he walked around and saw the back.

The Ducati comment always seems to work.

I had one guy walking up to me as I was filling up the 914 not long ago who was making a comment about how it must have broke down and i had to fix it, then he realized I was just filling it up and went "oh, hah... nevermind." and we talked cars for a few minutes.

I always get the weird ones at gas stations.

My dad isn't a fan of VW or Porsche for the most part and just keeps telling me my engine is in the wrong place XD
+Quote Post
carr914
post Jun 4 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #23

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(corsepervita @ Jun 4 2010, 06:14 PM) *

QUOTE(jabberwocky @ Jun 4 2010, 11:37 AM) *

When people say stuff like that..... arg.

See for the most part anymore I just say a random comment that'll go with it. I get that a lot. For instance.... my Ducati has a dry clutch and I have it ventilated with half a cover on it, so it rattles like a son of a bitch. People always ask me "is your bike okay?" when they hear the rattle, assuming something is broken. Of course internally I'm going ("ugh.. really dude, would i ride it if my bike was rattling because it had a mechanical problem as is?") I used to explain why it was loud, but eventually got tired of explaining wet clutch vs dry clutch and most people don't like listening to technical ramble anyway. Often times now I just reply with "Oh it's fine, they just run better without oil." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) and get (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) looks from people who can't tell if i'm serious or not.

One time at a gas station some guy was like "DUDE nice 9! errr... 928, wait no, 911" when i was filling up my 944. I just said "Thanks." (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) One time a guy even asked of my 944 was a Ford Probe till he walked around and saw the back.

The Ducati comment always seems to work.

I had one guy walking up to me as I was filling up the 914 not long ago who was making a comment about how it must have broke down and i had to fix it, then he realized I was just filling it up and went "oh, hah... nevermind." and we talked cars for a few minutes.

I always get the weird ones at gas stations.

My dad isn't a fan of VW or Porsche for the most part and just keeps telling me my engine is in the wrong place XD

When I worked for VW-Audi and was the Project Test Manager for the New Beetle, I always had people saying "that's the new Beetle", 1st I told them it was a kit car, then they would ask more questions. It was a secret project and finally I got to the point where I told people to get the F away from my car - it was the only thing that stopped the conversation.

But I can claim I was in the same AutoWeek article as Michael Schumacher (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

T.C.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 03:11 PM