Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How do you get the most out of a 75' 2.0?
Type 47
post Jun 4 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,790
Region Association: None

I just bought a 75' in excellent condition with only 62k miles. It has has a dual Webber conversion w/o cracking the engine open to put a cam in.

While this car is an excellent survivor I'm pretty sure I'm going to back date the bumpers. dismantel it enough to get rid of the small surface rust in the rear trunk, and at the bottom of the door seams (very minor) and repaint it.

I want to get the most out of the GC 2.0 (88 hp) engine. I don't need to go overboard looking for HP...my daily driver has 555 HP and pulls over 1g in corners, so my need for speed won't be from the 914...my need for fun will.

In my previous 914's I've never had a true 2.0...a couple of 1.8's with a "big bore" 2.0 kit is what I've had in the past...they would blow the doors oof this 75' 2.0.

Granted, I've only had the car a couple days...and the tune is not the best but it just seems way down on power.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:30 PM