Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help please! Engine not turning all of the sudden..., Car was running, died, and now won't turn over.
nick73-914
post Jun 6 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,783
Region Association: Southwest Region

New owner of a '73 914 1.7 here:

I've been driving her three days now, no problems at all except the idle was a little slower than desirable (dying at stop signs/lights etc.) But the engine is running oh-so strong (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) . I tried adjusting the decelerator screw by the throttle, opening it up to speed up the idle and also adjusted the knob on the pressure regulator bracket by the battery, after initial adjustment it was idling PERFECTLY, nice speed and depth. I took her out for a spin down the block, pulled into a driveway to turn around and the idle got slow and it died before I could put it in reverse.. no big deal right? well I turned off the key, engaged clutch and tried to start, nothing.. no turning or anything, the battery is two days old so it's not that and the door ajar buzzer came on, along with my hazards.. Any help here form you 914 masters to a youngin? Much appreciated!

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 03:13 AM