Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Brake fluid leaking at bleeder valves., Damn near all of them!!
rjames
post Jun 6 2010, 06:29 PM
Post #1

I'm made of metal

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) The saga continues. I know I have another thread started regarding my brake bleeding hell, but started a new thread since it's a specific question.

Rebuilt calipers. Each caliper has at least one bleeder valve that is leaking. All four of them are leaking at the bleeder at the top of the caliper, possibly lower ones to, but with the amount of fluid coming from the top and dripping down past the lower bleeder, it's hard to tell.

I don't want to over tighten them, but they are very snug and still leak. To the point where the calipers drip if I pump the brakes. This is probably why I can't get a totally firm pedal. It's definitely not helping.

Before I put the calipers on the car, I asked here if I needed to put anything on the threads and I received a big 'NO' from someone. Was this correct advice, or should I have put something on the threads to keep them from leaking?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:23 PM