Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help with Front Struts please, keep em or change em?
Gigamight
post Jun 14 2010, 03:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,454
Region Association: Middle East

Actual questions are in bold for those that want to skim the unimportant crap.

So I got a package deal from a guy a while back, and he said he had "almost new bilsteins, front and back." Well, installing the rears is no big deal, but I have minimal tools at my disposal, and no air tools at all, so the fronts may be different.

I have a complete rack from that 6k mile car I cut up, that seems to have great ball joints and tie rods... the works, and so I am planning on using that on my project car.

Here are the questions: First of all, are the shocks in the front just inserts inside that canister? Or is it the whole deal?

The front Bilseins are attached to the front spindle/assembly still, and the guy cut the ball joint to get them off, so I don't think I can use that, but I want to use the shocks if I can. Or, can I get that ball joint out without herculean effort?

Can I easily swap out the cartridges in the shocks? The Bilsteins were on a 75, the front suspension I am using is a 72, does that matter?

Do I even come off at all like I know what I am talking about?

I will take pics of something if that helps. just tell me what you want to see.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:41 AM