Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914's in Oklahoma!?, any owners nearby?
jcambo7
post Jun 15 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,867
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Ok I see where it is at.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jun 15 2010, 11:34 AM
Post #22

Hummmm!!!

Member No.: 9,028
Region Association: South East States

The next time I am in HS I would like for us to try and make this run you two.....

I was there this last weekend. Not in the teener tho. I am in HS 4 or 5 times a year. I have a PreRun for MUSR coming up prolly in July but sometime in Aug might be a great time to try and plan something??

I know JT, Shoe and Ron would be in if possible.......

Ken

Oh it's from Mena Ar to Tallihena Ok....south out of Fort Smith gets you there
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 15 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #23

QUOTE(7275914911 @ Jun 15 2010, 12:34 PM) *

The next time I am in HS I would like for us to try and make this run you two.....

I was there this last weekend. Not in the teener tho. I am in HS 4 or 5 times a year. I have a PreRun for MUSR coming up prolly in July but sometime in Aug might be a great time to try and plan something??

I know JT, Shoe and Ron would be in if possible.......

Ken

Oh it's from Mena Ar to Tallihena Ok....south out of Fort Smith gets you there

That sounds like it would be good. Mid to end of July would be best for me or after the 17th of August. Beginning of August I will in Everett, WA to visit my family.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Jun 15 2010, 11:43 AM
Post #24

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

The blazing heat is why we have it in the spring. That and the rv's and Harleys drive 20 miles an hour. Not fun. Damn tourist! MUSR use to be closer to the area, so we did not do it in the fall. However, Since we ain't gonna go to TN.?
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 15 2010, 11:50 AM
Post #25

I definitely would go if we did one around the mid to end of July.
+Quote Post
post Jun 15 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #26

Hummmm!!!

Member No.: 9,028

Wkend of July 24th maybe.....
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 15 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(7275914911 @ Jun 15 2010, 01:14 PM) *

Wkend of July 24th maybe.....

That would be good for me.
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Jun 17 2010, 09:08 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 5,508
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hey Okie 'teeners! I live in Norman but my 914 has been in mothballs awaiting restoration for much longer than I care to admit. Saw a couple of 914s in the last 24 hours...

I had a pretty good 914-ish birthday today (at least better than most)

First off, yesterday I was driving around here in Norman. Saw a bright yellow 911T Targa in a driveway. Enh, not big on 911 Targas, but as I looked I saw a dark red 914 further up the driveway! And the engine cover was open, looked like someone was charging the battery.

Then I was headed home for lunch today and passed *another* 914 on the Broadway Extension. Blipped the horn and tossed a wave as I passed. Older gentleman, bright red 'teener. Looked like an early 1.7 but hard to be sure.

Anyway, hope to get to see some of y'all and your cars - I need more inspiration! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

So in 24 hours, two 914s sighted 'in the wild'! Maybe someone's telling me to get started on my renovation project!
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 17 2010, 09:12 PM
Post #29

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 17 2010, 10:08 PM) *

Hey Okie 'teeners! I live in Norman but my 914 has been in mothballs awaiting restoration for much longer than I care to admit. Saw a couple of 914s in the last 24 hours...

I had a pretty good 914-ish birthday today (at least better than most)

First off, yesterday I was driving around here in Norman. Saw a bright yellow 911T Targa in a driveway. Enh, not big on 911 Targas, but as I looked I saw a dark red 914 further up the driveway! And the engine cover was open, looked like someone was charging the battery.

Then I was headed home for lunch today and passed *another* 914 on the Broadway Extension. Blipped the horn and tossed a wave as I passed. Older gentleman, bright red 'teener. Looked like an early 1.7 but hard to be sure.

Anyway, hope to get to see some of y'all and your cars - I need more inspiration! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

So in 24 hours, two 914s sighted 'in the wild'! Maybe someone's telling me to get started on my renovation project!

First (IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday3.gif) and I would love to meet up with you and possibly help one your restore if you need it!
+Quote Post
nick73-914
post Jun 18 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 11,783

Come to Tulsa! We'll show you a good time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Jun 18 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #31

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 15 2010, 12:22 PM) *

Oh yeah, I was the co-founder of that yearly event. Clay wasn't even there the first year!

I thought I was.... guess I was mistaken.

I got roped into that because I was getting the Texas guys to go to the event. I never claimed to be the founder. After Joseph sold his 914, it kinda went away.

If someone wanted to take it over, then great, I am all for it.

User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Jun 18 2010, 07:03 AM
Post #32

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

QUOTE(nick73-914 @ Jun 18 2010, 01:03 AM) *

Come to Tulsa! We'll show you a good time! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 18 2010, 07:50 AM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 15 2010, 12:22 PM) *

Oh yeah, I was the co-founder of that yearly event. Clay wasn't even there the first year!

I thought I was.... guess I was mistaken.

I got roped into that because I was getting the Texas guys to go to the event. I never claimed to be the founder. After Joseph sold his 914, it kinda went away.

If someone wanted to take it over, then great, I am all for it.

Since it was never really an "organized" event anyway, theres nothing to really take over. Pick a weekend, meet up, drive, have fun.

914 fun just needs one driver and a nice curvy road, even though more 914's = more fun.
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Jun 18 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(nick73-914 @ Jun 17 2010, 10:03 PM) *

My sad lil' 'teener is in no shape to make the trek at this point, but I drove her all over Tulsa back in the mid 80's. It'll be a good while before I can do that again.
+Quote Post
jt914-6
post Jun 18 2010, 08:14 AM
Post #34

Driving & working on teeners 41 years

Member No.: 9,003

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 18 2010, 09:03 AM) *

QUOTE(nick73-914 @ Jun 17 2010, 10:03 PM) *

My sad lil' 'teener is in no shape to make the trek at this point, but I drove her all over Tulsa back in the mid 80's. It'll be a good while before I can do that again.

Git 'er done!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Jun 18 2010, 09:43 AM
Post #35

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 17 2010, 07:12 PM) *

First (IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday3.gif) and I would love to meet up with you and possibly help one your restore if you need it!
Thanks! It'll be a bit before I can really get started. We moved in October and I'm still trying to get stuff out of the garage and my storage unit cleared out, including my 914. I'll probably have to go slow on her. She's been sitting since 1986 so I'm going to have to go thru *everything*. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 18 2010, 02:59 PM
Post #36

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 18 2010, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 17 2010, 07:12 PM) *

Thanks! It'll be a bit before I can really get started. We moved in October and I'm still trying to get stuff out of the garage and my storage unit cleared out, including my 914. I'll probably have to go slow on her. She's been sitting since 1986 so I'm going to have to go thru *everything*. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)

That's ok. I would still love to help you out.
+Quote Post
snakemain
post Jun 18 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #37

Ronin Member

Member No.: 11,232
Region Association: None

I live in Edmond, just north of OKC. But my 914 is in a thousand pieces in the garage right now. Working on flare install and body work. Need some car to put around my new Raby 2316...
+Quote Post
project-914
post Jun 20 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 6,571

I live in downtown OKC and have an orange 73 in pieces, I also have a friend with a white 2.0... I want to meet up and see some teeners soon

I have never actually even driven one including my own which I bought barely running haha but I am about to install a harness and some more parts... if anybody has any parts let me know...
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 21 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #39

QUOTE(project-914 @ Jun 20 2010, 08:46 PM) *

I live in downtown OKC and have an orange 73 in pieces, I also have a friend with a white 2.0... I want to meet up and see some teeners soon

I have never actually even driven one including my own which I bought barely running haha but I am about to install a harness and some more parts... if anybody has any parts let me know...

Awesome man...keep on working on it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) I actually have 73 that I am planning on selling or parting out soon after I get me new 914 delivered to me tomorrow! Shoot me a PM if you want to come and look at it for parts that you might need. It is a 2.0 FI engine. It is a complete car with an extra left front fender to weld on cuz it had a bit of an accident a long time ago.
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Jun 21 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #40

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(project-914 @ Jun 20 2010, 08:46 PM) *

Awesome man...keep on working on it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) I actually have 73 that I am planning on selling or parting out soon after I get me new 914 delivered to me tomorrow! Shoot me a PM if you want to come and look at it for parts that you might need. It is a 2.0 FI engine. It is a complete car with an extra left front fender to weld on cuz it had a bit of an accident a long time ago.

I thought you had that car up and running?
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 05:23 PM