Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's in Oklahoma!?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
nick73-914
We all love working on our teeners, but it's definitely more fun with company! Are there any 914 owner's in Oklahoma? I've driven over a good part of the state the last few years and haven't seen one.. Hopefully there are some in hiding nearby shades.gif

I live in the Tulsa area... Hit me up!

Nick
Tom_T
QUOTE(nick73-914 @ Jun 14 2010, 09:58 PM) *

We all love working on our teeners, but it's definitely more fun with company! Are there any 914 owner's in Oklahoma? I've driven over a good part of the state the last few years and haven't seen one.. Hopefully there are some in hiding nearby shades.gif

I live in the Tulsa area... Hit me up!

Nick

welcome.png

A&Pgirl is in the Tahlequah area & recently graduated from Northeastern, ddot914 is in Waggonner area & a few others I've seen on here are in Tulsa metro area as well.

I get back to Tulsa/Tahlequah/Sallisaw a couple of times a year, but my 914 isn't running yet, so it's usually in rental cars from the airport flying in! sad.gif
jt914-6
Curt....(vgs914) is in Tulsa....I'm sure he'll chime in later.....I'm your neighbor and there are a few of us in Ar......JT
A&PGirl
welcome.png

There's a guy in Owasso who's on the board too. Then there's a 914 hiding in Tahlequah that I haven't tracked down yet.

TheCabinetmaker
I'm in Tulsa, and I know most of the 914 owners around here. Welcome to the World. If you haven't seen one, you've been driving in the wrong areas LOL.

BTW, Did I mention I have a 914 shop?
jcambo7
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 15 2010, 07:10 AM) *

I'm in Tulsa, and I know most of the 914 owners around here. Welcome to the World. If you haven't seen one, you've been driving in the wrong areas LOL.

Hey now you do! I may have to drop by once the 914 I am shipping from Everett, WA arrives to me next week. I live in down town Ok City. I just bought a wonderful 914 6 GT replica from a friend of my brother in laws in Everett, WA. It is supposed to arrive to me next Tuesday or Wednesday! driving.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 15 2010, 10:02 AM) *

Hey now you do! I may have to drop by once the 914 I am shipping from Everett, WA arrives to me next week. I live in down town Ok City. I just bought a wonderful 914 6 GT replica from a friend of my brother in laws in Everett, WA. It is supposed to arrive to me next Tuesday or Wednesday! driving.gif

Cool. We'd love ya to come for a visit. Give me a days notice and I'll throw something on the smoker.

I spend a little time at the VA clinic in OKC. Several 914 guys there also.
jcambo7
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 15 2010, 10:40 AM) *

Cool. We'd love ya to come for a visit. Give me a days notice and I'll throw something on the smoker.

Sounds great. I will definitely let you know. WE should try to start up like a monthly get together of all the Oklahoma teeners or something like that?
hot_shoe914
There is a 914-6 in Edmond but he's not on the board. Has a lot of good parts though. I believe he even has a roller for sale that is set up for the track. If anybody needs info just let me know. He is supposed to try and make MUSR 11 too, as I hope all you other Oklahoma teeners will do. You can meet up with Mary Shortridge & Buttercup on her way through from Kansas.

Shoe
TheCabinetmaker
Won't be going to MUSR this year.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 15 2010, 10:55 AM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 15 2010, 10:40 AM) *

Sounds great. I will definitely let you know. WE should try to start up like a monthly get together of all the Oklahoma teeners or something like that?

I haven't done Talimena drive this year yet. We usually do it in April.
jcambo7
Sadly I wont be able to make it to MUSR either. Someday I will go though.
hot_shoe914
Not going to be a Talihena run this year according to Clay. If you want to put one together let me know and I will probably make it as well as a couple of others.
jcambo7
Yeah I asked if their would be one cuz I as planning on attending if their was but Clay said due to some circumstances with his cars he wouldn't be able to have one this year. Maybe we could make a trip down to Texas and have a maintenance day on his car? idea.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Clay is busy with other stuff like MUSR and both their cars have been down. Besides, there is a Talimena run any time I want. Its 2 hrs away.
TheCabinetmaker
Oh yeah, I was the co-founder of that yearly event. Clay wasn't even there the first year!
jcambo7
Wow that must be nice to be so close to it.
TheCabinetmaker
Your only 30 minutes farther James.
jcambo7
Where is it at exactly?
TheCabinetmaker
About 40 minutes east of McCalester. Google Talimena drive.
jcambo7
Ok I see where it is at.
The next time I am in HS I would like for us to try and make this run you two.....

I was there this last weekend. Not in the teener tho. I am in HS 4 or 5 times a year. I have a PreRun for MUSR coming up prolly in July but sometime in Aug might be a great time to try and plan something??

I know JT, Shoe and Ron would be in if possible.......

Ken

Oh it's from Mena Ar to Tallihena Ok....south out of Fort Smith gets you there
jcambo7
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Jun 15 2010, 12:34 PM) *

The next time I am in HS I would like for us to try and make this run you two.....

I was there this last weekend. Not in the teener tho. I am in HS 4 or 5 times a year. I have a PreRun for MUSR coming up prolly in July but sometime in Aug might be a great time to try and plan something??

I know JT, Shoe and Ron would be in if possible.......

Ken

Oh it's from Mena Ar to Tallihena Ok....south out of Fort Smith gets you there

That sounds like it would be good. Mid to end of July would be best for me or after the 17th of August. Beginning of August I will in Everett, WA to visit my family.
TheCabinetmaker
The blazing heat is why we have it in the spring. That and the rv's and Harleys drive 20 miles an hour. Not fun. Damn tourist! MUSR use to be closer to the area, so we did not do it in the fall. However, Since we ain't gonna go to TN.?
jcambo7
I definitely would go if we did one around the mid to end of July.
Wkend of July 24th maybe.....
jcambo7
QUOTE(7275914911 @ Jun 15 2010, 01:14 PM) *

Wkend of July 24th maybe.....

That would be good for me.
kerensky
Hey Okie 'teeners! I live in Norman but my 914 has been in mothballs awaiting restoration for much longer than I care to admit. Saw a couple of 914s in the last 24 hours...

I had a pretty good 914-ish birthday today (at least better than most)

First off, yesterday I was driving around here in Norman. Saw a bright yellow 911T Targa in a driveway. Enh, not big on 911 Targas, but as I looked I saw a dark red 914 further up the driveway! And the engine cover was open, looked like someone was charging the battery.

Then I was headed home for lunch today and passed *another* 914 on the Broadway Extension. Blipped the horn and tossed a wave as I passed. Older gentleman, bright red 'teener. Looked like an early 1.7 but hard to be sure.

Anyway, hope to get to see some of y'all and your cars - I need more inspiration! smile.gif

So in 24 hours, two 914s sighted 'in the wild'! Maybe someone's telling me to get started on my renovation project!
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 17 2010, 10:08 PM) *

Hey Okie 'teeners! I live in Norman but my 914 has been in mothballs awaiting restoration for much longer than I care to admit. Saw a couple of 914s in the last 24 hours...

I had a pretty good 914-ish birthday today (at least better than most)

First off, yesterday I was driving around here in Norman. Saw a bright yellow 911T Targa in a driveway. Enh, not big on 911 Targas, but as I looked I saw a dark red 914 further up the driveway! And the engine cover was open, looked like someone was charging the battery.

Then I was headed home for lunch today and passed *another* 914 on the Broadway Extension. Blipped the horn and tossed a wave as I passed. Older gentleman, bright red 'teener. Looked like an early 1.7 but hard to be sure.

Anyway, hope to get to see some of y'all and your cars - I need more inspiration! smile.gif

So in 24 hours, two 914s sighted 'in the wild'! Maybe someone's telling me to get started on my renovation project!

First birthday3.gif and I would love to meet up with you and possibly help one your restore if you need it!
nick73-914
Come to Tulsa! We'll show you a good time! biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 15 2010, 12:22 PM) *

Oh yeah, I was the co-founder of that yearly event. Clay wasn't even there the first year!

I thought I was.... guess I was mistaken.

I got roped into that because I was getting the Texas guys to go to the event. I never claimed to be the founder. After Joseph sold his 914, it kinda went away.

If someone wanted to take it over, then great, I am all for it.

TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(nick73-914 @ Jun 18 2010, 01:03 AM) *

agree.gif

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 18 2010, 07:50 AM) *

QUOTE(vsg914 @ Jun 15 2010, 12:22 PM) *

I thought I was.... guess I was mistaken.

I got roped into that because I was getting the Texas guys to go to the event. I never claimed to be the founder. After Joseph sold his 914, it kinda went away.

If someone wanted to take it over, then great, I am all for it.

Since it was never really an "organized" event anyway, theres nothing to really take over. Pick a weekend, meet up, drive, have fun.

914 fun just needs one driver and a nice curvy road, even though more 914's = more fun.
kerensky
QUOTE(nick73-914 @ Jun 17 2010, 10:03 PM) *

My sad lil' 'teener is in no shape to make the trek at this point, but I drove her all over Tulsa back in the mid 80's. It'll be a good while before I can do that again.
jt914-6
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 18 2010, 09:03 AM) *

QUOTE(nick73-914 @ Jun 17 2010, 10:03 PM) *

My sad lil' 'teener is in no shape to make the trek at this point, but I drove her all over Tulsa back in the mid 80's. It'll be a good while before I can do that again.

Git 'er done!!!!! smash.gif welder.gif aktion035.gif
kerensky
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 17 2010, 07:12 PM) *

First birthday3.gif and I would love to meet up with you and possibly help one your restore if you need it!
Thanks! It'll be a bit before I can really get started. We moved in October and I'm still trying to get stuff out of the garage and my storage unit cleared out, including my 914. I'll probably have to go slow on her. She's been sitting since 1986 so I'm going to have to go thru *everything*. hissyfit.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 18 2010, 10:43 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 17 2010, 07:12 PM) *

Thanks! It'll be a bit before I can really get started. We moved in October and I'm still trying to get stuff out of the garage and my storage unit cleared out, including my 914. I'll probably have to go slow on her. She's been sitting since 1986 so I'm going to have to go thru *everything*. hissyfit.gif

That's ok. I would still love to help you out.
snakemain
I live in Edmond, just north of OKC. But my 914 is in a thousand pieces in the garage right now. Working on flare install and body work. Need some car to put around my new Raby 2316...
project-914
I live in downtown OKC and have an orange 73 in pieces, I also have a friend with a white 2.0... I want to meet up and see some teeners soon

I have never actually even driven one including my own which I bought barely running haha but I am about to install a harness and some more parts... if anybody has any parts let me know...
jcambo7
QUOTE(project-914 @ Jun 20 2010, 08:46 PM) *

I live in downtown OKC and have an orange 73 in pieces, I also have a friend with a white 2.0... I want to meet up and see some teeners soon

I have never actually even driven one including my own which I bought barely running haha but I am about to install a harness and some more parts... if anybody has any parts let me know...

Awesome man...keep on working on it! smash.gif I actually have 73 that I am planning on selling or parting out soon after I get me new 914 delivered to me tomorrow! Shoot me a PM if you want to come and look at it for parts that you might need. It is a 2.0 FI engine. It is a complete car with an extra left front fender to weld on cuz it had a bit of an accident a long time ago.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 09:58 PM) *

Awesome man...keep on working on it! smash.gif I actually have 73 that I am planning on selling or parting out soon after I get me new 914 delivered to me tomorrow! Shoot me a PM if you want to come and look at it for parts that you might need. It is a 2.0 FI engine. It is a complete car with an extra left front fender to weld on cuz it had a bit of an accident a long time ago.

I thought you had that car up and running?
jcambo7
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 21 2010, 10:00 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 09:58 PM) *

I thought you had that car up and running?

If you are talking about my car which I am pretty sure you are. I did have it running about a year ago and it was idling too high. Also I got the 914 tech tips book in and started reading it. It told me I had the wrong injectors in it which were what were in the engine when I got it. I think they go to a 1.7? But I actually decided that it would take too much money and time to restore the car to where I wanted it to be and since I was getting some extra money from the military by being deployed and by re enlisting over seas, I new I could afford a car that is complete and all I have to is upgrade what I want to upgrade when I can.
kerensky
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 07:08 PM) *

If you are talking about my car which I am pretty sure you are. I did have it running about a year ago and it was idling too high. Also I got the 914 tech tips book in and started reading it. It told me I had the wrong injectors in it which were what were in the engine when I got it. I think they go to a 1.7? But I actually decided that it would take too much money and time to restore the car to where I wanted it to be and since I was getting some extra money from the military by being deployed and by re enlisting over seas, I new I could afford a car that is complete and all I have to is upgrade what I want to upgrade when I can.

If you have that one running, maybe we should tweak it a bit for you and sell it whole. It'd be better to let someone put it back on the road than chop it up. Unless it has irreparable damage, of course...

Parting will take more time and effort but would probably net you more $$$. Selling her to someone as a 'project' will get the cash in a lump as opposed to $50 here, $75 there...
aircooling
jcambo, We're interested in your '73. We live in Perkins but will be in OKC tomorrow (Wed). How can we reach you? Thanks! Stu 405-743-2865
effutuo101
James is backing his new ride of the truck now!
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(aircooling @ Jun 22 2010, 11:23 AM) *

jcambo, We're interested in your '73. We live in Perkins but will be in OKC tomorrow (Wed). How can we reach you? Thanks! Stu 405-743-2865

Welcome to 914 World Stu, glad to see you made it! welcome.png

Shoe
kerensky
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 22 2010, 11:18 AM) *

Welcome to 914 World Stu, glad to see you made it!
Stu's been a member of the yahoo 914 mailing list for awhile. In fact, I had made a mental note to email him tonite and mention James' 'project' car.

Still hope if this car is repairable that it can go to someone with the will to return it to the road. There are plenty of 914s that'll never get back to roadworthiness already.

OTOH, I might be in need of a trunk lid. Went into my storage unit over the weekend and it looks like my lovely wife stepped on it whilst searching for something. :x
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 22 2010, 10:53 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 07:08 PM) *

If you have that one running, maybe we should tweak it a bit for you and sell it whole. It'd be better to let someone put it back on the road than chop it up. Unless it has irreparable damage, of course...

Parting will take more time and effort but would probably net you more $$$. Selling her to someone as a 'project' will get the cash in a lump as opposed to $50 here, $75 there...

I understand what you are saying and I have definitely thought about that. I have been bouncing it around in my head a lot. Honestly tweeaking it isn't going to get it running until we get the correct fuel injectors into the car.
jcambo7
QUOTE(aircooling @ Jun 22 2010, 11:23 AM) *

Stu
I sent you a PM with my phone number!
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 22 2010, 02:54 PM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 22 2010, 11:18 AM) *

Welcome to 914 World Stu, glad to see you made it!
Stu's been a member of the yahoo 914 mailing list for awhile. In fact, I had made a mental note to email him tonite and mention James' 'project' car.

Still hope if this car is repairable that it can go to someone with the will to return it to the road. There are plenty of 914s that'll never get back to roadworthiness already.

OTOH, I might be in need of a trunk lid. Went into my storage unit over the weekend and it looks like my lovely wife stepped on it whilst searching for something. :x

The car is definitely repairable. Their is not too much rust and the engine needs some fine tuning and parts. The front left fender needs to be replaced in my opinion. Someone might be able to bang it out.
hot_shoe914
I have 2.0L injectors and I also have a trunk lid if youguys need them. We need to save all the teeners we can, too many are getting cut up.

Shoe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.