Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914's in Oklahoma!?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
kerensky
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 22 2010, 05:06 PM) *

I have 2.0L injectors and I also have a trunk lid if you guys need them. We need to save all the teeners we can, too many are getting cut up.
On the injectors, that's up to James. Perhaps he should just package the car with your injectors and sell it as a complete 'project'. Whatever he wants to do, I'll lend a hand when I can.

As for the trunk lid, I need to get the car out and get a better look at it. Or perhaps more accurately, get my 'body guy' to look at it and see what it'll take to fix it. Is your trunk lid black, perchance? smile.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 23 2010, 08:29 AM) *

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Jun 22 2010, 05:06 PM) *

I have 2.0L injectors and I also have a trunk lid if you guys need them. We need to save all the teeners we can, too many are getting cut up.
On the injectors, that's up to James. Perhaps he should just package the car with your injectors and sell it as a complete 'project'. Whatever he wants to do, I'll lend a hand when I can.

As for the trunk lid, I need to get the car out and get a better look at it. Or perhaps more accurately, get my 'body guy' to look at it and see what it'll take to fix it. Is your trunk lid black, perchance? smile.gif

yellow
Tom_T
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 22 2010, 01:30 PM) *

I understand what you are saying and I have definitely thought about that. I have been bouncing it around in my head a lot. Honestly tweeaking it isn't going to get it running until we get the correct fuel injectors into the car.

James, try Otto's in Venice CA for some NOS "green top" 2.0 injectors - http://www.ottosvenice.com/ - then call him - cuz he's an even crustier old fart than me & doesn't answer his emails. He found a stash of them on a shelf in his shop earlier this year & posted FS on here, but have no idea if he has any left. I got a set of 4 for my resto 73 2L, but they'll set you back $150 a piece - but they're NLA now even from Bosch. blink.gif

Otherwise, take up Shoe's offer on the used ones.

IMHO - save the 73 2L for a project for someone else to take on, rather than cutting it up. Other than the 914-6's, the 73-74 2.0's are the best & most collectible & IMHO - most fun driving - but then I prejudiced having owned my 73 2L since Dec. 75.

BTW - if this is your first summer in OK - what Curtis is saying about the Talimina Run in July is correct - you'll be peeling yourself off the seats at every stop! biggrin.gif

Even from CA (now), I know because of school schedules for our kids & when we need to be in the Sallisaw area every year & to visit in-laws in Little Rock - we go back at the end of Aug./Labor Day time, but other Fall & Spring runs would be far more pleasant (& are when I go for business).

There's a guy with a yellow 914 in/near Waggoner on here, who was looking for other Teeners to do a regular Tenkiller Loop with local Teeners. Y'all should look him up - sorry the "half-zymers" is kicked in & don't recall his "handle" here nor name & he may be the one A&P saw in Tahlequah? Maybe start or finish at the Cookson Smokehouse for eats? confused24.gif

Chad - I've got your long time store beat by 1 year! Mine went into my garage 5/85 when she was hit in a UCLA parking structure while I was in MBA classes out here, by a ditz who "...forgot to turn left to go up the ramp...." (her words) - pushing 'er into the concrete wall/column & thereby mashing both ends, which was just after completing a $6500+ rolling resto 80-83 ($20+k today)! sad.gif

So now I'm in the process of spending way more than she's worth dry.gif to get 'er resto'd/rusto'd to original L80E & fixed up & running again, now that my kids are grown & while I can still enjoy driving.gif

BTW - they continue to rust even in storage - just go pull the engine firewall pad & look at the bottom where it holds the moisture to do its dirty deed! Take it from me with a freshly restored, then whacked & put on blocks in my dry SoCal garage for 25 years - what you can't see CAN hurt you! So get on yours ASAP!

Curt - glad to know there's a good 914 shop in Tulsa, since I do plan to drive mine back at least once after the resto is complete & kinks worked out (may go to Indy where other family is too).

I'll be in the NE OK area for my annual sojourn at the end of Aug/Labor Day & again around 4th Sat. in Oct. (fly & rent), but if I can open time I'd love to join in if anything 914 is going on - even just to eat & shoot the S! I may also try to catch a Tulsa Rugby match in the Fall if any then.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
jcambo7
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 23 2010, 03:16 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 22 2010, 01:30 PM) *

I understand what you are saying and I have definitely thought about that. I have been bouncing it around in my head a lot. Honestly tweeaking it isn't going to get it running until we get the correct fuel injectors into the car.

James, try Otto's in Venice CA for some NOS "green top" 2.0 injectors - http://www.ottosvenice.com/ - then call him - cuz he's an even crustier old fart than me & doesn't answer his emails. He found a stash of them on a shelf in his shop earlier this year & posted FS on here, but have no idea if he has any left. I got a set of 4 for my resto 73 2L, but they'll set you back $150 a piece - but they're NLA now even from Bosch. blink.gif

Otherwise, take up Shoe's offer on the used ones.

IMHO - save the 73 2L for a project for someone else to take on, rather than cutting it up. Other than the 914-6's, the 73-74 2.0's are the best & most collectible & IMHO - most fun driving - but then I prejudiced having owned my 73 2L since Dec. 75.

BTW - if this is your first summer in OK - what Curtis is saying about the Talimina Run in July is correct - you'll be peeling yourself off the seats at every stop! biggrin.gif

Even from CA (now), I know because of school schedules for our kids & when we need to be in the Sallisaw area every year & to visit in-laws in Little Rock - we go back at the end of Aug./Labor Day time, but other Fall & Spring runs would be far more pleasant (& are when I go for business).

There's a guy with a yellow 914 in/near Waggoner on here, who was looking for other Teeners to do a regular Tenkiller Loop with local Teeners. Y'all should look him up - sorry the "half-zymers" is kicked in & don't recall his "handle" here nor name & he may be the one A&P saw in Tahlequah? Maybe start or finish at the Cookson Smokehouse for eats? confused24.gif

Chad - I've got your long time store beat by 1 year! Mine went into my garage 5/85 when she was hit in a UCLA parking structure while I was in MBA classes out here, by a ditz who "...forgot to turn left to go up the ramp...." (her words) - pushing 'er into the concrete wall/column & thereby mashing both ends, which was just after completing a $6500+ rolling resto 80-83 ($20+k today)! sad.gif

So now I'm in the process of spending way more than she's worth dry.gif to get 'er resto'd/rusto'd to original L80E & fixed up & running again, now that my kids are grown & while I can still enjoy driving.gif

BTW - they continue to rust even in storage - just go pull the engine firewall pad & look at the bottom where it holds the moisture to do its dirty deed! Take it from me with a freshly restored, then whacked & put on blocks in my dry SoCal garage for 25 years - what you can't see CAN hurt you! So get on yours ASAP!

Curt - glad to know there's a good 914 shop in Tulsa, since I do plan to drive mine back at least once after the resto is complete & kinks worked out (may go to Indy where other family is too).

I'll be in the NE OK area for my annual sojourn at the end of Aug/Labor Day & again around 4th Sat. in Oct. (fly & rent), but if I can open time I'd love to join in if anything 914 is going on - even just to eat & shoot the S! I may also try to catch a Tulsa Rugby match in the Fall if any then.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks. I actually had some one come and look at it today with his son. They said they are interested. We will just have to see. I might have to take hot shoe up on that offer. It would help the sale a bit. I would love to possibly meet and shoot the S and drink a couple of beers! That would be great. Just give me shout on the site when you doing it.
kerensky
Soooo, anyone gonna be in Norman this evening for the Jazz in June festival? 6pm, Andrews Park downtown.

If you come, swing by the stage and ask for me. bye1.gif
project-914
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 26 2010, 12:19 AM) *

Soooo, anyone gonna be in Norman this evening for the Jazz in June festival? 6pm, Andrews Park downtown.

If you come, swing by the stage and ask for me. bye1.gif

ugh I wanted to but my friend was playing his first show with his new band in OKC...

we should get together and go to coits so I can meet some fellow 914 owners

is it ok if I drive my subaru though!? confused24.gif
kerensky
QUOTE(project-914 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:21 AM) *
ugh I wanted to but my friend was playing his first show with his new band in OKC...

is it ok if I drive my subaru though!?
Gotta support your friends. And I'd think the Subie is OK - it's not like I'd be driving my teener, either. wink.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 28 2010, 12:59 PM) *

QUOTE(project-914 @ Jun 28 2010, 07:21 AM) *

is it ok if I drive my subaru though!?
Gotta support your friends. And I'd think the Subie is OK - it's not like I'd be driving my teener, either. wink.gif

We should definitely get together real soon! Maybe we should stop talking about it and just make a new thread that sets a date/time/place everyone can meet up. I'm down for that. I am able to meet you for lunch on Friday if you are able to. I won't be working Friday so I will have plenty of time. I will shoot you a PM with my number and we can figure out a time and place.
kerensky
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:57 PM) *

We should definitely get together real soon! Maybe we should stop talking about it and just make a new thread that sets a date/time/place everyone can meet up. I'm down for that. I am able to meet you for lunch on Friday if you are able to. I won't be working Friday so I will have plenty of time. I will shoot you a PM with my number and we can figure out a time and place.
I agree, but Friday is a no-go for me - we're heading out for vacation. Feel free to meet up anyway, since that might be a good day for folks to meet.
kerensky
So, I didn't mean for this to turn into an OKC area thread...

I'm in a regional VW club and every year they go to Eureka Springs as a 'group trip'. They plan in during the big VW car show that's held there every August. I haven't gotten around to going myself, but it sounds like they have a good time. Some great roads in that part of Arkansas, too. smile.gif
project-914
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 10:17 AM) *

I'm in a regional VW club and every year they go to Eureka Springs as a 'group trip'. They plan in during the big VW car show that's held there every August. I haven't gotten around to going myself, but it sounds like they have a good time. Some great roads in that part of Arkansas, too. smile.gif

I can't do week days as I can't leave downtown during work...but any weekend would be great
kerensky
QUOTE(project-914 @ Jun 29 2010, 07:40 AM) *
I can't do week days as I can't leave downtown during work...but any weekend would be great
There's a good burger place in Bricktown. Got time to hit that for lunch when Cambo has the day off? I'm up at 63rd and Broadway but can make lunch downtown.
TheCabinetmaker
I pulled the engine out of my car on Saturday, so I won't be joining you in the next few weeks, but I have an appointment at the VA hosiptal coming up in the next few months, so we might have a downtown lunch on that day.
Tom_T
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 08:17 AM) *

I'll be in Sallisaw around the 4th Sat in August &/or Labor Day weekend & may be able to hook up if you need a stop passing through (no 914 - fly & rent, mine's not ready yet any-hoo, like yours). PM or email me around that time if you're coming thru.
jcambo7

It's ok man! I think it is awesome that we have been trying to have a Oklahoma get together. I have been feeling a little lonely feeling like the only 914 guy on world that was in Oklahoma City. aktion035.gif
kerensky
Hey James, your sig says you sold the 2.0? Sounds like good news to me!
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 05:00 PM) *

Hey James, your sig says you sold the 2.0? Sounds like good news to me!

Yep I sure did! Stu bought it. I just got done about half an hour ago putting it onto his trailer and loading all the extra parts the came with the car into it! I also gave his other son a ride in my 6 and he got out with a huge smile on his face!
Tom_T
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 29 2010, 02:57 PM) *

It's ok man! I think it is awesome that we have been trying to have a Oklahoma get together. I have been feeling a little lonely feeling like the only 914 guy on world that was in Oklahoma City. aktion035.gif

lol-2.gif

Y'all sound like Andy & Barney sittin' on Andy's front porch decidin' if their gonna go down to the store for a soda pop! Git 'er dun! biggrin.gif

... burgers-n-dogs, or whatever, then you'll motivate each other to get your respective 914 projects or tweaks done. shades.gif
..... it's sure helped keep me motor-vated seeing other nice 914s & talking with other Teeners! smile.gif

Glad to hear you passed the 2.0 off to another to bring 'er back James. Make sure that they get on here for help & updates, parts, etc.!

popcorn[1].gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 29 2010, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 29 2010, 02:57 PM) *

lol-2.gif

Y'all sound like Andy & Barney sittin' on Andy's front porch decidin' if their gonna go down to the store for a soda pop! Git 'er dun! biggrin.gif

... burgers-n-dogs, or whatever, then you'll motivate each other to get your respective 914 projects or tweaks done. shades.gif
..... it's sure helped keep me motor-vated seeing other nice 914s & talking with other Teeners! smile.gif

Glad to hear you passed the 2.0 off to another to bring 'er back James. Make sure that they get on here for help & updates, parts, etc.!

popcorn[1].gif

The guy is on here. His name is aircooled. He now has 4 914's. He doesn't use computers too much. He is a great guy though and I looked forward to possibly helping him work on some of his 914's and him helping me with mine!
kerensky
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 07:49 AM) *

There's a good burger place in Bricktown. Got time to hit that for lunch when Cambo has the day off? I'm up at 63rd and Broadway but can make lunch downtown.

icon_bump.gif for a good idea. (eye-deer) wink.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 13 2010, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 07:49 AM) *

icon_bump.gif for a good idea. (eye-deer) wink.gif

How about meeting up on the 27th at that place? I won't be working that day so I will have plenty of time.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 09:17 AM) *

The German Car Club here in Wichita makes the Eureka Springs show every year. Google "Pig Trail Arkansas' it is our version of the Tail of the Dragon! It is only 19 miles but a great drive

http://www.byways.org/explore/byways/2156/travel.html
kerensky
Finally got to meet up with James and his -6 the other day. Nice young man and a nice looking car. No ride as he was still sorting out an ignition issue, but he did help me fix my VW Fox, which dropped an exhaust hanger literally right in front of his apartment. Jealousy - it's not just for Porsches, I suppose. wink.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 31 2010, 08:06 PM) *

Finally got to meet up with James and his -6 the other day. Nice young man and a nice looking car. No ride as he was still sorting out an ignition issue, but he did help me fix my VW Fox, which dropped an exhaust hanger literally right in front of his apartment. Jealousy - it's not just for Porsches, I suppose. wink.gif

Thanks Chad! I think tomorrow I will have it all fixed and running again! And no jealousy is not just for Porsche cuz now my Honda is having some type of mis fire issue or something. It just doesn't sound like all the cylinders are firing. headbang.gif
kerensky
Hmm, we might have an epidemic on our hands. My wife's Suburban started missing real bad yesterday...
project-914
Hey guys I got my car working and purchased a 944 turbo

Who wants to have a mini meet? The 914 still isn't registered/insured but she runs and drives!! (around the block only)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.