Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914's in Oklahoma!?, any owners nearby?
project-914
post Jun 29 2010, 09:40 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,571

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 10:17 AM) *

So, I didn't mean for this to turn into an OKC area thread...

I'm in a regional VW club and every year they go to Eureka Springs as a 'group trip'. They plan in during the big VW car show that's held there every August. I haven't gotten around to going myself, but it sounds like they have a good time. Some great roads in that part of Arkansas, too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I can't do week days as I can't leave downtown during work...but any weekend would be great
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Jun 29 2010, 09:49 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 5,508
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(project-914 @ Jun 29 2010, 07:40 AM) *
I can't do week days as I can't leave downtown during work...but any weekend would be great
There's a good burger place in Bricktown. Got time to hit that for lunch when Cambo has the day off? I'm up at 63rd and Broadway but can make lunch downtown.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Jun 29 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #63

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

I pulled the engine out of my car on Saturday, so I won't be joining you in the next few weeks, but I have an appointment at the VA hosiptal coming up in the next few months, so we might have a downtown lunch on that day.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 29 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #64

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 08:17 AM) *

I'm in a regional VW club and every year they go to Eureka Springs as a 'group trip'. They plan in during the big VW car show that's held there every August. I haven't gotten around to going myself, but it sounds like they have a good time. Some great roads in that part of Arkansas, too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'll be in Sallisaw around the 4th Sat in August &/or Labor Day weekend & may be able to hook up if you need a stop passing through (no 914 - fly & rent, mine's not ready yet any-hoo, like yours). PM or email me around that time if you're coming thru.
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 29 2010, 03:57 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 9,867
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

It's ok man! I think it is awesome that we have been trying to have a Oklahoma get together. I have been feeling a little lonely feeling like the only 914 guy on world that was in Oklahoma City. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Jun 29 2010, 04:00 PM
Post #66

Hey James, your sig says you sold the 2.0? Sounds like good news to me!
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 29 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #67

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 05:00 PM) *

Hey James, your sig says you sold the 2.0? Sounds like good news to me!

Yep I sure did! Stu bought it. I just got done about half an hour ago putting it onto his trailer and loading all the extra parts the came with the car into it! I also gave his other son a ride in my 6 and he got out with a huge smile on his face!
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 29 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #68

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 29 2010, 02:57 PM) *

It's ok man! I think it is awesome that we have been trying to have a Oklahoma get together. I have been feeling a little lonely feeling like the only 914 guy on world that was in Oklahoma City. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Y'all sound like Andy & Barney sittin' on Andy's front porch decidin' if their gonna go down to the store for a soda pop! Git 'er dun! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

... burgers-n-dogs, or whatever, then you'll motivate each other to get your respective 914 projects or tweaks done. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
..... it's sure helped keep me motor-vated seeing other nice 914s & talking with other Teeners! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Glad to hear you passed the 2.0 off to another to bring 'er back James. Make sure that they get on here for help & updates, parts, etc.!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 29 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #69

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jun 29 2010, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 29 2010, 02:57 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Y'all sound like Andy & Barney sittin' on Andy's front porch decidin' if their gonna go down to the store for a soda pop! Git 'er dun! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

... burgers-n-dogs, or whatever, then you'll motivate each other to get your respective 914 projects or tweaks done. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
..... it's sure helped keep me motor-vated seeing other nice 914s & talking with other Teeners! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Glad to hear you passed the 2.0 off to another to bring 'er back James. Make sure that they get on here for help & updates, parts, etc.!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

The guy is on here. His name is aircooled. He now has 4 914's. He doesn't use computers too much. He is a great guy though and I looked forward to possibly helping him work on some of his 914's and him helping me with mine!
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Jul 13 2010, 11:20 AM
Post #70

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 07:49 AM) *

There's a good burger place in Bricktown. Got time to hit that for lunch when Cambo has the day off? I'm up at 63rd and Broadway but can make lunch downtown.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) for a good idea. (eye-deer) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jul 13 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #71

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 13 2010, 12:20 PM) *

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 07:49 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) for a good idea. (eye-deer) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

How about meeting up on the 27th at that place? I won't be working that day so I will have plenty of time.
+Quote Post
Kansas 914
post Jul 13 2010, 07:07 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 373
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 29 2010, 09:17 AM) *

The German Car Club here in Wichita makes the Eureka Springs show every year. Google "Pig Trail Arkansas' it is our version of the Tail of the Dragon! It is only 19 miles but a great drive

http://www.byways.org/explore/byways/2156/travel.html
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Jul 31 2010, 07:06 PM
Post #73

Finally got to meet up with James and his -6 the other day. Nice young man and a nice looking car. No ride as he was still sorting out an ignition issue, but he did help me fix my VW Fox, which dropped an exhaust hanger literally right in front of his apartment. Jealousy - it's not just for Porsches, I suppose. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Aug 1 2010, 01:03 AM
Post #74

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 31 2010, 08:06 PM) *

Finally got to meet up with James and his -6 the other day. Nice young man and a nice looking car. No ride as he was still sorting out an ignition issue, but he did help me fix my VW Fox, which dropped an exhaust hanger literally right in front of his apartment. Jealousy - it's not just for Porsches, I suppose. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Thanks Chad! I think tomorrow I will have it all fixed and running again! And no jealousy is not just for Porsche cuz now my Honda is having some type of mis fire issue or something. It just doesn't sound like all the cylinders are firing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Aug 1 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #75

Hmm, we might have an epidemic on our hands. My wife's Suburban started missing real bad yesterday...
+Quote Post
project-914
post Jan 9 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #76

Member No.: 6,571

Hey guys I got my car working and purchased a 944 turbo

Who wants to have a mini meet? The 914 still isn't registered/insured but she runs and drives!! (around the block only)
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:59 PM