Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> newbie seeks help with this...
william1764
post Jun 15 2010, 07:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,717
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

A - Found the below car for sale on Samba. Would welcome opinions and what I should be asking of seller. I recieved additional photos of undercarriage and trunks which look outstanding. There is a link below if you care to view a few photos he has listed on Samba. Thanks for help. Bill

"Very nice Solid - Restored 914 w/54000 actual miles. No expense or effort spared on this car. Most everything has been replaced or refurbished/updated. Everything works well and the car only has 2000miles on it since restoration. Powerplant is a Rebuilt 2.0L (with the good stuff) with dual 36 dells, CB performance cam, 050Distrib with electronic ignition. Stainless exhaust system with header/muffler out to a 3inch tip. Starts perfectly - runs strong - uses no oil - and averages 26mpg. 5 speed shifts great and no leaks. 5 lug conversion with all new bearings and brake systems and larger master cylinder. E-Brake works well too. Lowered Front and Stock rear stance on 6inch Fuchs all around. Updates also include a fiberglass (stock style) front painted bumper and a 916 rear bumper. Gives a clean look that creates a lot of conversation. Interior redone by professional and gave a nice red edge making the seats pop. All of the rust was repaired at restoration. New Floor pans (from AutoAtlanta) were installed along with a battery tray and engine shelf. The car was originally ORDERED Silver. The car was completely stripped down to nothing and resprayed inside and out.
I am the second owner of the car. The car was purchased new in Indy area and has lived here since. I rescued the car 2 years ago from under a tarp outside and restored it to what you see today. Had it not sat outside in the ground for so many years - i am convinced it would have not needed pans..."

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=979334
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:17 PM