Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2011 WCR in Medford Oregon, June 23rd ,24th ,25th ,26th . AutoX on 24th
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 29 2011, 05:32 PM
Post #141

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

You didn't miss it cause I didn't say anything. I totally forgot! I already spoke to Lisa, She said they could do eggPlant for the Dinner and for lunch on Friday she said something but I forgot. I will call her and ask to be sure. Thanks for reminding me!

I should have remembered since my wife is one of them.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Mar 30 2011, 10:56 AM
Post #142

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 25 2011, 10:25 PM) *

As for the shirts I think if we offer White, Black and Ash (light grey) we could get more sales than only offering white. But that's just my opinion.

I think that sounds great. Can we put an order thread up for them yet? Guess it would be better if they could see the logo on a shirt. We should be able to photoshop it onto the 3 shirt options though right?
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 30 2011, 11:54 AM
Post #143

okay, I just found out that the "Kruise Of Klamath" is taking place the same weekend of our event. Dennis Gage from "My Classic Car" series will be here filming.

Attached Image

Kruise Of Klamath web site...click here

just wanted to let you guys know that an hour away (other side of the mountains) is another event that takes over the whole town and downtown.

Here is there schedule;

Friday June 24, 2011

Registration & Packet Pickup
Veteran's Memorial Park - Downtown exit off Hwy 97
12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Cops & Robbers - Benefitting the Reserve Officers Association
Veteran's Memorial Park
2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Sock Hop
Shilo Inn Conference Center - 2500 Almond Street
7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
DJ Wolfman playing music of the 50's, 60's & 70's
Secured parking for registered vehicles

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Show 'N Shine
Moore Park - Lakeshore Drive
7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Registrant parking
7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Registration open on a space limited basis
10:30 a.m. - All cars must be parked - No exceptions
11:00 a.m. - Gates open to the public
3:00 p.m. - Awards presentation

Closed Kruise
Historical downtown Klamath Falls
7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Breakfast
Starv'n Marv'n Family Restaurant - 1822 Austin Street
7:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

Poker Run
Starts at Starv'n Marv'n Family Restaurant
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (approximately)

Road Rally to Crater Lake
Departs from Veterans Park at 1:00 p.m.
Upon arrival at Crater Lake there will be photo opportunities after which everyone is on their own
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 30 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #144

QUOTE(JRust @ Mar 30 2011, 09:56 AM) *

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 25 2011, 10:25 PM) *

As for the shirts I think if we offer White, Black and Ash (light grey) we could get more sales than only offering white. But that's just my opinion.

I think that sounds great. Can we put an order thread up for them yet? Guess it would be better if they could see the logo on a shirt. We should be able to photoshop it onto the 3 shirt options though right?

I'm going to the place tomorrow. Until we find out the cost for the three colors of shirts from Rob and the weight of the (thicker) shirt we will wait to see who is going to make them.

Rob since Oregon doesn't have sales tax, did the shirt cost that was posted include California sales tax or does that not apply?
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Mar 30 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #145

QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Mar 29 2011, 04:32 PM) *

You didn't miss it cause I didn't say anything. I totally forgot! I already spoke to Lisa, She said they could do eggPlant for the Dinner and for lunch on Friday she said something but I forgot. I will call her and ask to be sure. Thanks for reminding me!

I should have remembered since my wife is one of them.

just spoke to Lisa, She said she can do A Eggplant Parmesian for the Saturday Dinner and a Eggplant burger for the Lunch on Friday. As long as we give her a good head count at the end of May, she said it should be no problem.
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post May 19 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #146

Member No.: 9,630

If you saw my post on the snow levels at Crater Lake you'll see we are dreaming about driving around the lake. The north entrance may not even be open by then. That means you drive up to and back down the same road. Plus the entrance fee of 10 bucks per car... And its going to be a quick visit because of snow. Also there is only one cafe up there and the restaurant may or may not be open. Lunch on the route may be a problem. I can only imagine how long it will take to get lunch if 30 cars/45 plus people descend on a cafe some place....

I spoke to the owner of this joint. http://www.prospecthotel.com/
They are only open for Dinner normally however he is willing to open just for us. He said he can seat 65 with no problem and would love to serve us lunch. We would need to decide on a basic menu with only a few choices. he can do from burgers to prime rib. its up to us. Looks like a cool place and is on the route to or from Crater lake. I think it might be best to eat on the way. That way we are not rushed trying to get there after the drive. Its only a little ways from the hotel so we can have the show/shine and then head up there for lunch. Or even have the show and shine there.
Only problem is we need a close head count so they can be ready.
What say you?

+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post May 19 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #147

I spoke with the rangers station a few months ago. They told me that 48 to 55 feet of snow is almost the average. Last year they had a little over 48 feet and they were able to get the wholle drive around the rim open by June 20th. now I just spoke to the Rangers station and this year "They may not be able too due to other projects being more important" so we probably won't be able to drive all the way around the rim.

They did say the cafe and the lodge restaurant will be open for lunch by mid June. There is also Annie Creek Restaurant (see below) closer to the entrance (Mazama camp grounds) that will also open Mid June. The gas station will also be open.

Everyone is on there own for lunch on Friday and Saturday. Except Friday at the track there will be a caterer there serving a lunch menu.

This is what I found;

Crater Lake Lodge Dining Room
Crater Lake's premier fine dining establishment. Features Northwest cuisine made with choice Oregon-grown ingredients. Sample the best of what Oregon has to offer, from the freshest, locally-grown mushrooms and berries to Rogue Valley cheeses and wines.

The Dining Room is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with seating available for 75.

Annie Creek Restaurant & Gift Shop
The Annie Creek Restaurant, open from early-June through mid-September is located in Mazama Village, seven miles from the rim of Crater Lake. Seating is available for 100 guests. The restaurant features a melting pot of American cuisine with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and soup and salad buffets. Beer and wine is also available.

Rim Village Café and Gift Shop
The Rim Village Café features "Grab and Go" items including hot soups, sandwiches, salads and snacks. This 1,500-square-foot café has a seating capacity of 36 inside and 48 on an adjoining patio. The 2,200-square-foot retail area features a hiking theme with aisles resembling a hiking trail that weaves its way through the shop. The trail is made of various tiles including some that look like local rock.

A snow tunnel through the basement of the building to the parking lot makes an easy access for winter visitors. The building is located one block north of the Crater Lake Lodge.

All three (3) of the above can be seen at the following website;
Crater Lake Lodge-
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post May 19 2011, 02:17 PM
Post #148

I can't remember the date of last years WCR, Middle of May I think. but Mike and I went up there on the way home and the north entrance and road were still closed. The snow was 15 feet high and you could not even see the lake without climbing up on the snow bank...
Hopefully your right and it'll be open.
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post May 23 2011, 02:19 PM
Post #149

*UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with the Crater Lake Admissions office, They do not have a group rate. So we have to pay the $10.00 per car. Since I've been there more than I can remember, I will stay back and get the dinner and awards stuff ready.
+Quote Post
Jakeodoule
post May 23 2011, 06:08 PM
Post #150

Hey does anyone have one of those raised fire pit things?
It be great to have something like that for the parking lot.
I could get one but I'm driving my teener and already bringing my camping stuff, Dr Evil's transmission and all the trophy's.

Wood would be good too, but I'm sure we could buy some in town.
Just a thought.

+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post May 23 2011, 06:29 PM
Post #151

Dude, I have one. I'm bringing it just for that reason. I have some wood. No worries.
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:10 PM