Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Gerry McCarthy, were are you?, Creditors paging deadbeat.
RJMII
post Jul 11 2010, 01:26 PM
Post #21

Jim McIntosh

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,112
Region Association: None

I wonder how much of this thread could be considered libel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
laflaur
post Jul 11 2010, 01:35 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 6,186
Region Association: Northern California

I wonder if the op has gone down to this guys shop.I would if were my property that had been damaged.I personally have never understood the purpose of starting a thread to "go after" someone.If you got business with somebody handle your business and then post the outcome.But thats just me,ymmv
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Jul 11 2010, 03:22 PM
Post #23

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jul 11 2010, 11:26 AM) *

I wonder how much of this thread could be considered libel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I've kept my opinion to myself long enough. Mike I appreciate your suggestion Dave send his car to me but no thanks. I get a really bad vibe form this guy. All he has done since his appearance a month or two ago is insult Andy and Mark right off the bat, he has told other members they are wrong in their assessments of mechanical or body issues, and has now been on this tirade against Gerry McCarthy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)

" Thou doth protest too much " comes to mind

Time and time again ( and on several forums ) he has called this guy ( Gerry ) out, and his ( Dave's ) words and allegations get harsher and harsher. IF what he says is true, I truely feel for him, and hope this gets resolved in his favor. BUT there are now allegations of

a: Theft
b:property damage
c:sexual harassment
d: drug abuse

Next I assume he will be a rapist and a murderer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I'm not saying any of this is untrue, but it is in VERY poor form, and smacks of the boy who cried wolf. Bets of luck Dave, but IMHO keep it to yourself from here on out. As Jim pointed out, you have now opened yourself to a lawsuit. Man up and do what's right, LEGALLY and intelligently. Not like a 5 year old on the playground.
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jul 11 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #24

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

ILBT (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
jimtab
post Jul 11 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 91

My only question is who pays in advance for car repair? And why?
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jul 12 2010, 03:46 AM
Post #26

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(jimtab @ Jul 11 2010, 08:03 PM) *

No shit!
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jul 12 2010, 05:22 AM
Post #27

"Ace" Mechanic

IMO:

Scotty is on the money here. It doesn't seem to be enough for you to join a forum and personally insult members as you go... most of us are adults and just let that roll off our backs, but you created your own bad first impression. That's small potatoes compared to the possibility that a court may find that you have libeled this individual; I'm not a lawyer, but it seems to me that this could place our entire venue (914world) at risk. I would hate to see this guy's attorney go after Andy because of something that you posted here.

Deal with him using the proper legal channels, please. He's not going to make you whole due to anything that has been written here anyway.
+Quote Post
rmital
post Jul 12 2010, 06:59 AM
Post #28

Northeast optimist

Member No.: 5,268

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 11 2010, 05:49 PM) *

ILBT = ??? can't figure that one out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Jul 12 2010, 07:09 AM
Post #29

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

QUOTE(jimtab @ Jul 11 2010, 06:03 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)
+Quote Post
stepuptotheMike
post Jul 12 2010, 07:34 AM
Post #30

medium pimpin

Member No.: 6,769
Region Association: South East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Jul 12 2010, 07:51 AM
Post #31

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

I'd say the OP should do one of the following:

1- Take care of this through the legal system

2- Find the accused and beat the shit out of him.

+Quote Post
rmital
post Jul 12 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #32

Northeast optimist

Member No.: 5,268

Joe Walsh song...I like Big T's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
tradisrad
post Jul 12 2010, 08:42 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 6,815

I almost had Jerry do some work on my silver 914, but I found a new roller instead.

However I did have him do some sheet metal work for my engine tin. My green roller has a 6 cylinder mount in it and I put a 4cylinder in the car, so I needed to modify the engine tin to fit around the mount. I did some inital bending and measurments and then handed the project over to Jerry to do the welding (since he neeeded the $$). Well, his bill came to $500. He claimed that he spent many many hours getting it "right". The sheet metal fit (picture below), but I was shocked by the bill. I paid him cash.

My friend Jim had him replace the floor pans in a convertable bug. Jim was dissapointed in the amount of time it took, he found several things broken after he got the car back and the bill was much larger than the estimate.

I think that realred914 gave money up front in good faith that Jerry would do the work and with the quality he promised. He also wanted to help Jerry out and give him the opportunity to get his shop started. Initally Dave had a good heart in trying to help Jerry out, but over time his frustration with Jerry grew and the repairs were not being done as Jerry needed to bring in more work to pay his bills (must have spent Dave's $$ w/o doing the work). Edit: I did see the oil canned fender on his 914 (that was not there prior to the car being in the shop) and the damaged (ill repaired) doors and front end of the 356. The cars were in the shop for about a year with negative progress made.

I don't have any hard feelings for Jerry, but I do understand Daves frustrations and issues with him. Hopefully all will work out for the best with all of the partied involved.

The modified sheet metal can be seen above the green "6" mount.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/www.914club.com-6815-1278945725.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Jul 12 2010, 08:56 AM
Post #34

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I only pay good friends up front, right Scotty? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I hate getting paid up front as it is demotivating at times.
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Jul 12 2010, 09:26 AM
Post #35

"Ace" Mechanic

QUOTE(rmital @ Jul 12 2010, 10:25 AM) *

Joe Walsh song...I like Big T's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

True dat. I always used to post IBTL (In Before The Lock) on threads that were in danger of being closed. I got corrected several times on this, though, and since I like Big T's too, I decided to go with the flow. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
realred914
post Jul 12 2010, 09:32 AM
Post #36

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541

QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 11 2010, 02:22 PM) *

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jul 11 2010, 11:26 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I've kept my opinion to myself long enough. Mike I appreciate your suggestion Dave send his car to me but no thanks. I get a really bad vibe form this guy. All he has done since his appearance a month or two ago is insult Andy and Mark right off the bat, he has told other members they are wrong in their assessments of mechanical or body issues, and has now been on this tirade against Gerry McCarthy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)

" Thou doth protest too much " comes to mind

Time and time again ( and on several forums ) he has called this guy ( Gerry ) out, and his ( Dave's ) words and allegations get harsher and harsher. IF what he says is true, I truely feel for him, and hope this gets resolved in his favor. BUT there are now allegations of

a: Theft
b:property damage
c:sexual harassment
d: drug abuse

Next I assume he will be a rapist and a murderer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) I'm not saying any of this is untrue, but it is in VERY poor form, and smacks of the boy who cried wolf. Bets of luck Dave, but IMHO keep it to yourself from here on out. As Jim pointed out, you have now opened yourself to a lawsuit. Man up and do what's right, LEGALLY and intelligently. Not like a 5 year old on the playground.

well scotty every thing about Jerry I said is true. even his dad acknowledges his drug problem to me. Jerry personnaly told me why he was fired from his job at teaching for the stated reason. my cars (a 914 and 356) were damaged (id venture to say vandalized , the way he took the plasma tourch to my perfectly fine 356 trunk, only a drunk or druggy would do that), oh, and he was stinking like weed and had red eyes when he came out of the bathroom one time as god is my witness. he took my money in a very dishonest way and refused to work on my car, he had my cars for nearly one year!. near $10,000 latter they were in worse shape, parts ruined, missing etc.....

I posted to warn others of a crooked shop. to keep others from experienceing the probelms with this guy. I wouldn't even wish this guy on you scotty. and yes i am harsh with jerry becuase he is not responding to requests to make good. I have gotten only cryptic messages from him he wont man up to his mistakes.

I think you will find that I have added comments to this site other than insult mark and andy. and if other members are wrong in sorting out a car probelm, I will let them know in an attempt to help. You may not have any body or mechanical knowledge to add when you read something that might be wrong, but I do.

please review all my postings and you will find that you scotty are libelous in your comment that all my posts have insulted mark and andy.

what Jerry mccarthy did was rip me off, you may not believe it, so go ahead and give him your car for a few months, loan him some cash, and see what happens.

you have no basis to call me out as making this up your libalous statement about all my posts insulting mark and andy is a lie, go look it up and then correct your statement.
+Quote Post
realred914
post Jul 12 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #37

QUOTE(jimtab @ Jul 11 2010, 04:03 PM) *

i was trying to be a nice guy and help him out. he lied and misrepresented himself, and took me for a ton of cash, plus damaged my cars. I tried to help him, call me a sucker with a good trusting heart, but even i have my limits when he ripped me off he, had nearly a year to get it right, How long should this sucker wait???? should this kind sucker (me) knowing this guy is a rip off, allow him to prey on others? I dont think so.
+Quote Post
tradisrad
post Jul 12 2010, 10:29 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 6,815

picture posted for realred914:
Attached Image
+Quote Post
realred914
post Jul 12 2010, 10:47 AM
Post #39

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Jul 12 2010, 09:29 AM) *

picture posted for realred914:
Attached Image

yup, thats my 356, the verticle panel shown in the front is the rear batty box wall, there should be four walls all around, and a floor there too, gerry cut them all out for no reason one night, he did it with a plasma tourch, but in this phot the jagged edges were removed with a saw, about two-three inchs off the walls was removed, right thru some hard to reproduce stampings. a short while after this photowas taken and after I told jerry to stop work on the front, he went ahead and drilled thrity holes in the lip above the rear wall and removed it, in doing so he damaged teh lip all thirty holes need to be filled you dont butcher good parts to remove bad ones!

ther was nothing wrong with the trunk before he decided one night to cut it out, He tired for about four months to recreate the damaged part, and did nothing but warp more metal, he also admited to me the cutting of the trunk was a mistake.

he did several more of these things, I went thru five door bottoms with him he kept cutting them wrong, making them un-useble, the list goes on and on. doors dont fit, (he hid that fact from me, he did the doors first, but didn;t finish them, just when they were ready to be hung and final skinned, he stopped work on them, leaned them aginst a wall, and declared he needed to move on to the nose, I paid for the work done on teh doors, but did not see them hang on the car yet. he never did explain way suddenly he switched from the doors to the nose. After the nose got all messed up by him, and we waited for the new battery box to arrive I told him to hang the doors, opps they dont fit, and I already paid him for them, and he then spend about three month fooling around them, and he stil couldn't get it right. he threw up his pot stained hands, and declared he couldn't work on my car anymore.

all told the car was damaged and he had all my money spent.

the 914 in his shop was also damaged when he moved it, he didn't bother to tell me about the dents, I had to find it, he told me he'd take care of it, yet did nothing to fix it, now he claims he is broke, and for a long time he refused to answer any emails regarding how he would cover this. That is why i went public, he is a danger to your Porsche, and wont man up and cover the damages.

Jerry Mccarthy informed me he has no insurance to cover the damaged 914
no shop insurance, then run away!!!

I wouldn't wish this guy even on scotty ,

I am sure folks that might have used this guy will be thanking me for the warning.

so much for me being a trusting fool. my bad, I just dont want anyone else to make that mistake. so long as he is open for bussiness, he is a danger. beware

PS at first i actaully was so suckered by him, all his talk and claimed knowledge and experience, that I publically posted a recommendation for him (since retracted) since I had personally vouched for him publically, I am obligated for my own sake to de-vouch for him in the strongest terms.

I actally caused two great freinds to use him, and they BOTH got burned, tradisrad, and a friend who had jerry mcCarthy do the floor pans in his Bug, twice the original price, lost parts, broken interior parts,( litterally smashed,) Gerry also worked(???) on his roll up door windows to attempt to line them up better with the top, bad bad. I was they with friend when friend inquired to Jerry what the plastic vapour barrier was for in behind the door panel. Jerry replied correctly that it was for vapour protection of the panels, and that he, unilke most shops would always replace it and make sure they are sealed becuase they are so important, he stressed his knowledge and care he would take in putting it together.

fast forward to when my friend was installing a new outer wiper on the door for the roll up window (he had to replace it, becuase Jerry McCarthy LOST IT, yes it was not there when he got the car back, calls to Jerry resulted in no seal, he could not find it at his shop, it was lost.

Well friend pulls off door panel to facilite the install, and, look, no vapour barrier!!!! Gerry McCarthy was full of it, I heard him say it, that "the barrier was so important and he always re-installs then unlike most shops", Later the missing barrier. go figure. quality you cant trust.

also when Jerry Mccarthy took went to remove the convertible Bugs window winder mechanism from the door, he couldn't figure it out, so he went ahead and DRILLED OUT THE PIVOT POINT RIVITS of the mechanism arms to dissassemble the thing to remove it. then he says duh! should have seen this simple bolt, yeah he missed a bolt, couldn't remove it, so he buthrered it by cutting it out. DUMB! He did more damage than good.

Jerry McCarthy Of Rennsport Vintage Werks had the same pattern of work on both my 914 and 356, he did MORE damage than good. just is I not only have the damaged cars, I am out a ton of cash with him, and he is refusing to even respond to offers to negotiate payment terms, I dont hate the man, just his actions.

i am totally ashamed I got these two guys as Jerry's customers, suckered into at first recommending him.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Jul 12 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #40

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380

If a BAR licensed shop will exceed an estimate by greater than 10% they must call the customer for authorization. If this happened, you call BAR. We aren't BAR.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 04:44 PM