Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My 914 is fixed and running!, The teener is now home!
jcambo7
post Jun 21 2010, 03:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,867
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So on June 10, I purchased Effutuo101's car from him. It is arriving here either tomorrow or Wednesday and I am hoping tomorrow. I already have the insurance set up for it and everything, so as soon as I get it I can drive it! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) Man I can't wait to finally have a drivable 914!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markb
post Jun 21 2010, 03:43 PM
Post #2

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Jun 21 2010, 03:54 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,357
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

A beautiful one at that!!! Congrats!!!!!
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Jun 21 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #4

Speed Up !!!

Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Nice lookin ride. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
kerensky
post Jun 21 2010, 04:21 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,508
Region Association: Southwest Region

Bring it by for lunch on Wednesday and we'll go to Coits. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

(Coits is a local drive-in mini-chain here in OKC that, among other things, brews their own root beer...)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 21 2010, 04:22 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 21 2010, 04:54 PM) *

A beautiful one at that!!! Congrats!!!!!

THank you and I do not dis agree at all. Effutuo101 did a wonderful job on this car.
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Jun 21 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914
Region Association: Southern California

Hi James, The driver called to let me know that he should be in town tomorrow and will be giving you a call when he is about an hour away from delivery. Expect email with his contact info.
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Jun 21 2010, 04:34 PM
Post #8

Speed Up !!!

Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:26 PM) *

Hi James, The driver called to let me know that he should be in town tomorrow and will be giving you a call when he is about an hour away from delivery. Expect email with his contact info.

a little harsh on your signature aint ya (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Jun 21 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #9

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

You'll love that 914, Chris really did a good job on it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
effutuo101
post Jun 21 2010, 05:12 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,914

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 21 2010, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:26 PM) *

a little harsh on your signature aint ya (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

LOL! yep. I was called a poser between 914's. So I have carried on the tradition. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
rwilner
post Jun 21 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #11

No Ghosts in the Machine

Member No.: 11,530
Region Association: North East States

nice wheels! are they 5 lug? looks like they're off a 944/968 or something
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Jun 21 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #12

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742

Sweet ride!! Those are 5 lug 924 wheels and look nice blacked out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Jun 21 2010, 07:41 PM
Post #13

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

That car is going to look so HOT snaking down the Tail of the Dragon at MUSR. Common Oklahoma! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 21 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #14

Chris: Thanks I got the email with the guys number and name. Honestly you did a wonderful on the car and did a better job treating me so well for this sale. You did things that I didn't expect you to do before sending the car to me and I truly appreciate it! I look forward to hopefully meeting you and possibly taking you to lunch to return the kindness you have shown me! You will never be 914 poser to me because of the work you put into this car!
kerensky: I might be able to do that depending on where it is at and how busy it is. I only get an hour for lunch and I try not to drive too far away to restuarants so as not to be late.
Root_Works: I know and I am very lucky to have a great brother in law that hookked me up with this car. Jon was the one that introduced to me to the car and got me hooked on it.
Bandjoey: I am honestly considering going MUSR if I have the time and money to do it. It sounds like it would be a great time and also a great oppurtunity to meet up with some fellow midwestern and southern teeners!
+Quote Post
messix
post Jun 21 2010, 08:48 PM
Post #15

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 07:42 PM) *

Chris: Thanks I got the email with the guys number and name. Honestly you did a wonderful on the car and did a better job treating me so well for this sale. You did things that I didn't expect you to do before sending the car to me and I truly appreciate it! I look forward to hopefully meeting you and possibly taking you to lunch to return the kindness you have shown me! You will never be 914 poser to me because of the work you put into this car!
kerensky: I might be able to do that depending on where it is at and how busy it is. I only get an hour for lunch and I try not to drive too far away to restuarants so as not to be late.
Root_Works: I know and I am very lucky to have a great brother in law that hookked me up with this car. Jon was the one that introduced to me to the car and got me hooked on it.
Bandjoey: I am honestly considering going MUSR if I have the time and money to do it. It sounds like it would be a great time and also a great oppurtunity to meet up with some fellow midwestern and southern teeners!

james i think i met you this last summer when a bunch of us go together at jons work. you were talking about a car that needed ALOT of work. let me tell you that the guys that put this car together are top notch guys. chris did an amazing job in the design and build on the car and jeff who put the engine together is a local legend [he's very modest]. enjoy that car it's meant to be driven (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 21 2010, 08:53 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 21 2010, 09:48 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 07:42 PM) *

james i think i met you this last summer when a bunch of us go together at jons work. you were talking about a car that needed ALOT of work. let me tell you that the guys that put this car together are top notch guys. chris did an amazing job in the design and build on the car and jeff who put the engine together is a local legend [he's very modest]. enjoy that car it's meant to be driven (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Yeah that would be me! And I remember that also, the coffee place on Queen Anne Hill or something... I have definitely heard of Jeff and his legendary work on these engines! I will most definitely drive this car a lot also! He certainly did do an amazing job and I cannot wait to drive it.
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Jun 21 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #17

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

Nice car.

It's great to have a car that is drivable. The 2L has a lot more grunt than the 1.7/1.8L.

Good luck

+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 21 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 21 2010, 10:04 PM) *

Nice car.

It's great to have a car that is drivable. The 2L has a lot more grunt than the 1.7/1.8L.

Good luck

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to that extra grunt the 2.2L 6 will put out!
+Quote Post
messix
post Jun 21 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #19

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

yea thats right it's just a little 2.2l six....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) it's a very nice 2.2l!
+Quote Post
jcambo7
post Jun 21 2010, 09:14 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 21 2010, 10:13 PM) *

yea thats right it's just a little 2.2l six....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) it's a very nice 2.2l!

Lol! I know right. THe pics most likely don't do it justice at all!
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 05:28 PM