Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 is fixed and running!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jcambo7
So on June 10, I purchased Effutuo101's car from him. It is arriving here either tomorrow or Wednesday and I am hoping tomorrow. I already have the insurance set up for it and everything, so as soon as I get it I can drive it! driving.gif Man I can't wait to finally have a drivable 914!
markb
beer.gif driving.gif
Sleepin
A beautiful one at that!!! Congrats!!!!!
jsayre914
smilie_pokal.gif

Nice lookin ride. driving.gif
kerensky
Bring it by for lunch on Wednesday and we'll go to Coits. smile.gif

(Coits is a local drive-in mini-chain here in OKC that, among other things, brews their own root beer...)
jcambo7
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 21 2010, 04:54 PM) *

A beautiful one at that!!! Congrats!!!!!

THank you and I do not dis agree at all. Effutuo101 did a wonderful job on this car.
effutuo101
Hi James, The driver called to let me know that he should be in town tomorrow and will be giving you a call when he is about an hour away from delivery. Expect email with his contact info.
jsayre914
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:26 PM) *

Hi James, The driver called to let me know that he should be in town tomorrow and will be giving you a call when he is about an hour away from delivery. Expect email with his contact info.

a little harsh on your signature aint ya av-943.gif
Root_Werks
driving.gif

You'll love that 914, Chris really did a good job on it.

driving.gif
effutuo101
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jun 21 2010, 03:34 PM) *

QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:26 PM) *

a little harsh on your signature aint ya av-943.gif

LOL! yep. I was called a poser between 914's. So I have carried on the tradition. smile.gif
rwilner
nice wheels! are they 5 lug? looks like they're off a 944/968 or something
Socalandy
Sweet ride!! Those are 5 lug 924 wheels and look nice blacked out smile.gif
bandjoey
That car is going to look so HOT snaking down the Tail of the Dragon at MUSR. Common Oklahoma! agree.gif
jcambo7
Chris: Thanks I got the email with the guys number and name. Honestly you did a wonderful on the car and did a better job treating me so well for this sale. You did things that I didn't expect you to do before sending the car to me and I truly appreciate it! I look forward to hopefully meeting you and possibly taking you to lunch to return the kindness you have shown me! You will never be 914 poser to me because of the work you put into this car!
kerensky: I might be able to do that depending on where it is at and how busy it is. I only get an hour for lunch and I try not to drive too far away to restuarants so as not to be late.
Root_Works: I know and I am very lucky to have a great brother in law that hookked me up with this car. Jon was the one that introduced to me to the car and got me hooked on it.
Bandjoey: I am honestly considering going MUSR if I have the time and money to do it. It sounds like it would be a great time and also a great oppurtunity to meet up with some fellow midwestern and southern teeners!
messix
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 07:42 PM) *

Chris: Thanks I got the email with the guys number and name. Honestly you did a wonderful on the car and did a better job treating me so well for this sale. You did things that I didn't expect you to do before sending the car to me and I truly appreciate it! I look forward to hopefully meeting you and possibly taking you to lunch to return the kindness you have shown me! You will never be 914 poser to me because of the work you put into this car!
kerensky: I might be able to do that depending on where it is at and how busy it is. I only get an hour for lunch and I try not to drive too far away to restuarants so as not to be late.
Root_Works: I know and I am very lucky to have a great brother in law that hookked me up with this car. Jon was the one that introduced to me to the car and got me hooked on it.
Bandjoey: I am honestly considering going MUSR if I have the time and money to do it. It sounds like it would be a great time and also a great oppurtunity to meet up with some fellow midwestern and southern teeners!

james i think i met you this last summer when a bunch of us go together at jons work. you were talking about a car that needed ALOT of work. let me tell you that the guys that put this car together are top notch guys. chris did an amazing job in the design and build on the car and jeff who put the engine together is a local legend [he's very modest]. enjoy that car it's meant to be driven driving.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 21 2010, 09:48 PM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 07:42 PM) *

james i think i met you this last summer when a bunch of us go together at jons work. you were talking about a car that needed ALOT of work. let me tell you that the guys that put this car together are top notch guys. chris did an amazing job in the design and build on the car and jeff who put the engine together is a local legend [he's very modest]. enjoy that car it's meant to be driven driving.gif

Yeah that would be me! And I remember that also, the coffee place on Queen Anne Hill or something... I have definitely heard of Jeff and his legendary work on these engines! I will most definitely drive this car a lot also! He certainly did do an amazing job and I cannot wait to drive it.
Spoke
Nice car.

It's great to have a car that is drivable. The 2L has a lot more grunt than the 1.7/1.8L.

Good luck

jcambo7
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 21 2010, 10:04 PM) *

Nice car.

It's great to have a car that is drivable. The 2L has a lot more grunt than the 1.7/1.8L.

Good luck

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to that extra grunt the 2.2L 6 will put out!
messix
yea thats right it's just a little 2.2l six....... happy11.gif it's a very nice 2.2l!
jcambo7
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 21 2010, 10:13 PM) *

yea thats right it's just a little 2.2l six....... happy11.gif it's a very nice 2.2l!

Lol! I know right. THe pics most likely don't do it justice at all!
Gint
Well, James - Grats. smilie_pokal.gif

Chris, why? huh.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 21 2010, 10:42 PM) *

Chris, why? huh.gif

Thanks Gint!
nick73-914
Congrats man!

We need to put together an Oklahoma Teener run sometime, that would be awesome. Glad to see another sweet 914 in OK biggrin.gif

Nick
kerensky
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:42 PM) *
I might be able to do that depending on where it is at and how busy it is. I only get an hour for lunch and I try not to drive too far away to restuarants so as not to be late.
No worries. Just ping me when you have a day off, and lunch is on me. wink.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 22 2010, 10:42 AM) *

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 21 2010, 06:42 PM) *
I might be able to do that depending on where it is at and how busy it is. I only get an hour for lunch and I try not to drive too far away to restuarants so as not to be late.
No worries. Just ping me when you have a day off, and lunch is on me. wink.gif

I will definitely give you a call. Possibly July 27th I might have the day off.
kerensky
OK, I don't discuss it much here, but I'm a VW guy almost as much as a Porsche guy. I hang out with a local group of mainly watercooled VW folks at wetdub.com. So I log in tonite and see this thread...

I was getting on I235 (okc) from 23rd and there was a bad ass Porsche 914 with HUGE wheels seriously tucked under some REALLY wide fenders. I don't know what the story is with this car, but I want to see more of it!

So I gotta wonder if this was you? driving.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 23 2010, 10:24 PM) *

OK, I don't discuss it much here, but I'm a VW guy almost as much as a Porsche guy. I hang out with a local group of mainly watercooled VW folks at wetdub.com. So I log in tonite and see this thread...

I was getting on I235 (okc) from 23rd and there was a bad ass Porsche 914 with HUGE wheels seriously tucked under some REALLY wide fenders. I don't know what the story is with this car, but I want to see more of it!

If it was Pheonix red than that was me! biggrin.gif I live right next to 23rd st and I am constantly driving on it. Where did you see this at Chad? Oh and I like VW's also! I work with a guy that has a pretty nice Squareback. A lot of the guys on this forum like VW's also so don't be shy about it either!
Sleepin
QUOTE(messix @ Jun 21 2010, 08:48 PM) *

and jeff who put the engine together is a local legend [he's very modest]. enjoy that car it's meant to be driven driving.gif

Is that Hines? Great guy! biggrin.gif

Sounds like you are pretty happy for it! I am sure it will require a lot less work than the other car! (even though I was really rooting for a big project thread with the last one!)
jcambo7
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Jun 23 2010, 11:29 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Jun 21 2010, 08:48 PM) *

and jeff who put the engine together is a local legend [he's very modest]. enjoy that car it's meant to be driven driving.gif

Is that Hines? Great guy! biggrin.gif

Sounds like you are pretty happy for it! I am sure it will require a lot less work than the other car! (even though I was really rooting for a big project thread with the last one!)

I am a lot happier with it. Hines sounds like a great guy! It is a lot less work than the other one. I would have loved to be able to restore it but I don't have the time or money to get it done. I am hopeing to sell it to someone that be able to use it.
jt914-6
VW's are our cousins....That's what I told the guy who parked me by one at a car show.....

Click to view attachment
kerensky
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 23 2010, 07:33 PM) *

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 23 2010, 10:24 PM) *

If it was Pheonix red than that was me! biggrin.gif I live right next to 23rd st and I am constantly driving on it. Where did you see this at Chad? Oh and I like VW's also! I work with a guy that has a pretty nice Squareback. A lot of the guys on this forum like VW's also so don't be shy about it either!
Oh, *I* didn't see it - it was another guy on that wetdub site. I did post up in his thread that I thought it might've been you and linked one of the pics from page one. We'll see if he gives a positive ID. wink.gif

Oh, and hate to bring up a sobering thought, but since the previous owner is in this thread also, did all the fuel lines get replaced? An acquaintance on the other site just lost a nice VR6 Corrado - fuel leak, burned to the ground. And we all know 914s have a tendency to do this, too. sad.gif
kerensky
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Jun 24 2010, 03:56 AM) *

VW's are our cousins....That's what I told the guy who parked me by one at a car show....
Given the whole 'Porsche buys VW. Oh, wait...' debacle, I'd say more like kissing cousins! wink.gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 24 2010, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Jun 24 2010, 03:56 AM) *

VW's are our cousins....That's what I told the guy who parked me by one at a car show....
Given the whole 'Porsche buys VW. Oh, wait...' debacle, I'd say more like kissing cousins! wink.gif

That family tree don't branch much! sheeplove.gif
effutuo101
The fuel lines were replaced by the guy who owned the car before me. they are flexable and are in good shape. All of the rubber was replaced. So, there shouldn't be any issue there. smile.gif I am glad James is enjoying his car!
Ferg
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 24 2010, 07:51 AM) *

The fuel lines were replaced by the guy who owned the car before me. they are flexable and are in good shape. All of the rubber was replaced. So, there shouldn't be any issue there. smile.gif I am glad James is enjoying his car!

You didn't call me first? shades.gif Nice car, what's next Chris?
kerensky
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 24 2010, 07:51 AM) *

The fuel lines were replaced by the guy who owned the car before me. they are flexable and are in good shape. All of the rubber was replaced.
Figured so, but better to ask. smile.gif
majkos
QUOTE(Gint @ Jun 21 2010, 07:42 PM) *

Chris, why? huh.gif

James aktion035.gif

Chris? Henna wants to know why mad.gif
jcambo7
Thanks everyone for the compliments about the car! I am enjoying it a lot. Today I am hoping to get it cleaned up and washed but first I have a few issues that came up today I need to fix.
Root_Werks
Get some pictures up when you get the 914 all cleaned up!
jcambo7
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 24 2010, 04:34 PM) *

Get some pictures up when you get the 914 all cleaned up!

Thats what I plan on doing! thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif right?! piratenanner.gif
Root_Werks
biggrin.gif
jcambo7
Click to view attachment
jcambo7
Click to view attachment
championgt1
James, that is a great car! driving.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 24 2010, 11:22 PM) *

James, that is a great car! driving.gif

agree.gif Thanks Jack! drunk.gif
rick 918-S
You have got to be stoked! driving.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jun 24 2010, 11:50 PM) *

You have got to be stoked! driving.gif

Heck yeah I am stoked! It is the high light to my day, when I have to wake up at an ungodly hour to go to work! It feels so great out during the morning drive to work with the top off, it is awesome!
SirAndy
Maybe i missed it, but what kind of flares are those?

I don't think i have ever seen any like that before ...
idea.gif Andy

QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 24 2010, 09:18 PM) *

championgt1
I love the flairs. They are very unique!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.