Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 is fixed and running!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
jcambo7
Andy
Here is effutuo101's thread on the car
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...&hl=pheonix 914&st=100

Here is a pic of the car he modelled this one after

Click to view attachment
jcambo7
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jun 25 2010, 12:31 AM) *

I love the flairs. They are very unique!

agree.gif They are sweet looking and unique! I love them! wub.gif
And the green and grey 914 above is freaking sweet! I love the color scheme!
wub.gif
Root_Werks
The first time I saw those flares I was in awe. They look very, very sweet on a 914. The lines are really good.

It's a well sorted 914.

Congrats on the purchase!

Now enjoy and drive!

driving.gif biggrin.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jun 25 2010, 10:24 AM) *

The first time I saw those flares I was in awe. They look very, very sweet on a 914. The lines are really good.

It's a well sorted 914.

Congrats on the purchase!

Now enjoy and drive!

driving.gif biggrin.gif

It sure is! Thanks! I love this car and I have been driving it since I got it on Tuesday. driving.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 25 2010, 12:35 AM) *

Here is a pic of the car he modelled this one afterClick to view attachment

Goodness gracious me! drooley.gif wacko.gif aktion035.gif
Vysoc

Beautiful car congratulations, I love the color my first car was a 71 Beetle and I painted it that color of Orange.

Enjoy, I also dig the black wheels aktion035.gif

Vysoc
jcambo7
Dan: I know right! That 914 is gorgeous.

Vysoc: Thanks. I am enjoying the car so much. I am happy for you about getting your car running and drivable! That is so cool! Must feel great to be able to drive after all the hard work you have done.
nick73-914
Dude! That's a freakin brilliant teener. We need to do an OK get together soon, I want to see this thing!

Nick
jcambo7
QUOTE(nick73-914 @ Jun 25 2010, 06:46 PM) *

Dude! That's a freakin brilliant teener. We need to do an OK get together soon, I want to see this thing!

Nick

We definitely need to have an OK get together!
okieflyr
Congratulations on the car! That is one sweet ride! Norman is my home town, but have transplanted to the east coast for a number of years now. One of the things I miss are the cloverleafs all up and down I-35, since those were my playgrounds back in the day..... I'll get my teener back there some day driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif Sorry to those that feel they may have missed out on this. It's mostly my fault biggrin.gif . James is my brother in laww after all wink.gif

James, take the bumpers off the car and scrub the rubber really well and then use McGuires "back to black" on them. They should look like new once you've done that aktion035.gif .

I really hope Tierra and I are able to come out mid July. We shall see driving.gif .
jcambo7
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 26 2010, 04:16 PM) *

beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif Sorry to those that feel they may have missed out on this. It's mostly my fault biggrin.gif . James is my brother in laww after all wink.gif

James, take the bumpers off the car and scrub the rubber really well and then use McGuires "back to black" on them. They should look like new once you've done that aktion035.gif .

I really hope Tierra and I are able to come out mid July. We shall see driving.gif .

Well Jon I just want to thank you for hooking me up!!!! After all I am your brother in law. biggrin.gif I will have to try that out! Where would I get that stuff at? Auto zone or something on online? I would love for you guys to visit! That would be awesome!
championgt1
James, you should be able to pick that stuff up at the local auto parts store.
kerensky
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jun 26 2010, 01:16 PM) *
Sounds like an excuse for a get-together! piratenanner.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 27 2010, 06:51 PM) *

That's a great idea!
effutuo101
Check in the box. I though i threw a bottle of back to black in there... but, I am old.
James, fex ex package with CD and the rest of the keys will be at your house this week!
kerensky
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Jun 27 2010, 06:38 PM) *

QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 27 2010, 06:51 PM) *

That's a great idea!

Works for me - we should be back from vacation by then.
jcambo7
So today I was able to make some time to swap out the momo short shifter for the Renn shifter. I will say one thing: it made a huge difference! It shifted so smoothly and easily. It was awesome! I am going to enjoy driving this car even more now that it is in there! driving.gif

Chris: Thanks. I will look a little harder to see if it is in there. I will let you know when I recieve the package

Sounds great Chad!
6freak
smilie_pokal.gif piratenanner.gif biggrin.gif
effutuo101
Cool James! Glad the Renn shifter went in easily. That makes a world of differance.
jcambo7
QUOTE(effutuo101 @ Jun 28 2010, 10:52 PM) *

Cool James! Glad the Renn shifter went in easily. That makes a world of differance.

It sure has made a difference!
kerensky
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jun 27 2010, 03:51 PM) *

Thought I'd check on the status of this, now that I'm back in town. smile.gif
jcambo7
Lol...I didn't expect to see this thread back towards the front pages. Right now I am looking at oil coolers for my car. Researching them, finding out prices so I can start to put money aside for it, and mounting set ups I could do. I get a bit freaked out when I see the temp get close to 250 degrees F if I drive it for a long time with out a good long break.
jcambo7
Here are some more pics that I just took. A few with the car in the storage shed I rent behind my apartments! It may be a little tight but it keeps my car dry, out of the sun, and away from other people's cars.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jcambo7
Lights on during the day!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jcambo7
These two pics are from a local internet car club meet that happens every Monday.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
kerensky
Which club is that - don't recognize anyone... I like your storage, smart guy keeping that car under wraps. smile.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(kerensky @ Jul 16 2010, 05:39 PM) *

Which club is that - don't recognize anyone... I like your storage, smart guy keeping that car under wraps. smile.gif

The club is theonepercent.net. I joined them while I was in the desert earlier this year. Thanks. I am really happy to have a place to keep my car dry and clean.
jcambo7
Now that my 914 is at my new home and now running I cleaned her up for some pics.
Put the orange headlight covers and eyebrows on.
Click to view attachment
The new steering wheel and tree.
Click to view attachment
jcambo7
More
Put the new engine lid letters in also
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
PeeGreen 914
beerchug.gif Looks good James drunk.gif
jcambo7
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Apr 10 2011, 08:19 PM) *

beerchug.gif Looks good James drunk.gif

Thanks Jon!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.