Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Frankenstein Motor, What to make of this combination
jabberwocky
post Jun 27 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,653
Region Association: None

Ok so there is not really a question here just My observations and anyones opinions. I recently bought a 75 914 here in Ohio great car runs well very minimal rust ect. I have just been working through the normal glitches and getting to know my car. Anyway I was suppose to be a 1.8 when it left the factory however it has D-Jet and an EA engine code for a 1.7. I was then looking through some paperwork I received with the car for an engine rebuild in 2003 and the shop in seatle that worked on this car used a vanagon cam and 1.8 type 2 pistons and cylinders (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) . It now also has hydrolic lifters . Anyone know why this combination may have been used it seems very odd? Cost? parts in the shop? anyway the engine runs well and i guess I dont need as many valve adjustments but i have read with the vanagon cam that I will have nothing above 5k . So right now I am just driving her like I stole it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) and I am building up a spare 1.7 I have to a 1911 to throw in the car next year at least that is the current plan.
Ok thats enough for now
Thanks for the ideas

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 11:54 PM