Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> front caliper re build
biggy72
post Jul 8 2010, 07:44 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,418
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So where do you get 7mm x 1 bolts at? I had to cut one off and several of the heads are a little rounded. I'm having a heck of a time.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Ericv1
post Jul 9 2010, 01:53 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 8,518
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(solo1 @ Jul 8 2010, 02:04 PM) *

ok, okay im back with a brake question. when you take the calipers apart then get ready to re-assemble a couple of pages out there are talking about a brake rebuild grease, or something. The question begs, should something be put on the faces of the split calipers before re-assembling them? lube the piston with brake fluid only?

I've used Plastilube in the past around the pistons. It's an assembly lube that can be purchased from Pelican. I haven't put anything on the faces of the split calipers. I may put a dab on the o-rings ( 911 M calipers) to hold them in place as I put the faces back together but that's it.
+Quote Post
biggy72
post Jul 11 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 5,418
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

So I found the bolts on the Auto Atlanta website, but I can't find them anywhere else and I'd like to get them from someone closer so I can get them quicker. I tried Fastenal, Mcmaster Carr and Tacoma Screw (local), but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I've got the caliper halves all put back together and painted so now I just need to find some bolts.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 10:37 AM