Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Progress! Well, kinda, Some OT
markb
post Jul 4 2010, 12:09 PM
Post #1

914less :(

Group: Members
Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

I finally got the 2.0 motor in the Red Car a few weeks ago. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Major kudos to sww914 (Steve W) & Cap'n Krusty for making all of the mods/adjustments to get it on the road. This has been a long process since I got the motor 2+ years ago from hwgunner (Jonathan).

Now I need to tackle the "little" stuff. Like the wiring harness. As I was cleaning off my desk (a semi-decade undertaking), I found the PM's I printed after talking to the PO of the motor. I guess I never noticed that the car it came out of had 300+k miles on it. The harness really shows it's age. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I guess a Bowlsby harness is in my future (once I pay the credit cards down a bit. They took a big hit when I finally caved & paid off the ex. Sometimes it's worth it just to be rid of someone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ).

Some of the "little" things I'm going to try & get out of the way today:

Crimp ends on the wires to the oil pressure sender. I'm not getting good readings. I hope it's just the wiring, not actual low oil pressure from the motor.

Wire the 72 style heater blower to the 76 harness. Yes, I really do need heat. I'm a wimp, I know. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Crimp new ends to the wires for the back up lights switch.

Make a plug connector for the horn button (that little tab will only take so much before it gives up the ghost).

Adjust the clutch cable.

I'll save re-gluing the dashtop on the Getty dash for another day.

Now, out to get started. Wish me luck!

Oh yeah, Happy 4th of July! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 11:01 PM