Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Newbie trans conversion question
moparrob
post Jul 5 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,663
Region Association: None

So I am doing a 914-6 conversion, which will in part consist of converting my trans from a 914/901 side shifter (1974) which is a push-type throwout arm and bearing - to a 911/901 based side shifter with a pull-type throwout arm. As you know, the 911/901 is a tail shifter, never came as a side shifter, and has the throwout arm pivot point in a different location than the 914. So here is my question:

Is it possible to take a (1970) 911/901 case (which has the correct pivot location) and convert it to a side shifter by using all the 'good' parts off of my 914 side shifter and installing them in the 911 case?

In other words, can I disassemble my 914 box, install all the guts, the side shifter mechanism, and the later tail cone onto an early 911 case? Are there any further modifications which need to be performed?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Rob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:01 PM