Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brake Pressure Regulator or "T" Fitting, what combos are elgible
project-914
post Jul 21 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,571

I have looked all over only to find a few threads

I have learned that the regulator restricts pressure to the rear as to eliminate rear lock ups

what if I upgrade to a 911 front and a 19mm MC... then is a "T" fitting appropriate? who does the calculations here, I need info and brake balance and hopefully not a regulator!

thanks,

JOhnny
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 21 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

The 914-6's had as OE essentially the 5-lug 911 front end & brakes F&R with the 19mm MC & still used the same regulator in the back as for the 914-4 4-lug brakes & 17mm MC - so it should work just fine with your OE regulator IMHO.

I'm changing to a 19mm MC on my 73 2L as part of the resto - with the stock brakes, & will keep the stock regulator.

Send a PM or email to Eric Shea at PMB (member vendor on here) & let him know what you're trying to accomplish & he can help you, as he's the real "914 brake guru"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

http://www.pmbperformance.com/calipers.html
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Jul 21 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #3

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Two six conversions using "T"s ... haven't locked up the rears yet ... "S" calipers upfront and stock /4 rears.

Oh well ... and the pressure settings were different with the /6, but a stock /4 will work. RTM.
+Quote Post
hydroliftin
post Jul 21 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,180
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(project-914 @ Jul 21 2010, 12:52 PM) *

I have looked all over only to find a few threads

I have learned that the regulator restricts pressure to the rear as to eliminate rear lock ups

what if I upgrade to a 911 front and a 19mm MC... then is a "T" fitting appropriate? who does the calculations here, I need info and brake balance and hopefully not a regulator!

thanks,

JOhnny

I think this thread with much input from Eric Shea is the only one you need to read:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=104464

Pay particular attention to the attachment Eric provides to a Alfa Romeo technical bulletin and the graph of how brake preassures are affected by the regulator. I think one might conclude that it is a good thing to retain the regulator even in the stituation you describe.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:53 AM