Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Pressure Regulator or "T" Fitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
project-914
I have looked all over only to find a few threads

I have learned that the regulator restricts pressure to the rear as to eliminate rear lock ups

what if I upgrade to a 911 front and a 19mm MC... then is a "T" fitting appropriate? who does the calculations here, I need info and brake balance and hopefully not a regulator!

thanks,

JOhnny
Tom_T
The 914-6's had as OE essentially the 5-lug 911 front end & brakes F&R with the 19mm MC & still used the same regulator in the back as for the 914-4 4-lug brakes & 17mm MC - so it should work just fine with your OE regulator IMHO.

I'm changing to a 19mm MC on my 73 2L as part of the resto - with the stock brakes, & will keep the stock regulator.

Send a PM or email to Eric Shea at PMB (member vendor on here) & let him know what you're trying to accomplish & he can help you, as he's the real "914 brake guru"! pray.gif

http://www.pmbperformance.com/calipers.html
SLITS
Two six conversions using "T"s ... haven't locked up the rears yet ... "S" calipers upfront and stock /4 rears.

Oh well ... and the pressure settings were different with the /6, but a stock /4 will work. RTM.
hydroliftin
QUOTE(project-914 @ Jul 21 2010, 12:52 PM) *

I have looked all over only to find a few threads

I have learned that the regulator restricts pressure to the rear as to eliminate rear lock ups

what if I upgrade to a 911 front and a 19mm MC... then is a "T" fitting appropriate? who does the calculations here, I need info and brake balance and hopefully not a regulator!

thanks,

JOhnny

I think this thread with much input from Eric Shea is the only one you need to read:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=104464

Pay particular attention to the attachment Eric provides to a Alfa Romeo technical bulletin and the graph of how brake preassures are affected by the regulator. I think one might conclude that it is a good thing to retain the regulator even in the stituation you describe.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.