Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

> Orig CA license plates (the blue ones)
bembry
post Jul 23 2010, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I saw quite a bit of discussion a while back concerning old licene plates, getting repros, etc, which got me thinking.

I have a 73 2.0 914, light ivory, that I have slowly been putting back towards all stock, minus of course the carbureted 2056 engine McMark just built and installed for me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) . And even then, the case is original (per my COA), and I still have the FI bits--which worked when taken off--in a box.

I'm about half sure my car was sold in/around San Jose when new. It isn't registered in CA currently. I have classic plates from another state on it right now. It had late CA plates on it when I got it, with unpaid DMV fees. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) I also found a previous registration in the car (from a second DAPO) with a really lame/embarrassing personalized plate listed. I have no idea what the orig plate was.

--I'd like to find a set of old blue CA plates in decent condition for my car, and I'd like them to be representative of a number sequence that could have been on a 73 914.

My questions:
--Can I reregister them if I find a nice set?
--Does anyone know the typical sequences for car plates of this vintage? Examples would be very much appreciated.
for example, I saw another 73 914 on here, and while I wont list the guy's exact plate here, the sequence was: number number number space letter letter letter

That fits pretty squarely with a then new '77 VW van we had when I was growing up--blue CA license plate was 092 SKE.

Thoughts? Comments? Recommendations?

Here's the car:

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i269.photobucket.com-4499-1279928571.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 03:11 PM