Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tire fitment issues?, 205/60/15.....Problem with drivers front
championgt1
post Jul 28 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #1

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,420
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Strange problem. I did alot of searching and found that quite a few people are running 205/60/15 with no issues. I got my tires mounted and tonight put them on the car. They all clear the fenders with no issues. Backs have about 3/4 inch clearance and the fronts have about an inch. The problem is the drivers front seems to be hitting the shock. I can reach in and feel that the inside of the tire is very close to the shock. I can roll the car without it rubbing but when I push on the drivers side of the front bumper I can hear and feel the inside of the tire impact the shock. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I have not driven it, as I am a little scared to drive it like this.

The shocks are older Bilstiens.

Anything to look for? Tips? Solution to space the wheel and tire away from the shock? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

I would hate to have to dismount these tires and go back to 195's.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 02:30 AM