Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hot weather is hot, icky sticky oven hot
Tom_T
post Aug 5 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #21

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 5 2010, 09:12 AM) *

Ha!
I actually removed the dealer installed AC from my car.

Zach

Well Zach, I was originally going to say "that my friend is the downside to a vintage non-AC sportscar!" - but now you admit to removing the one dealer option which actually made good sense for our 914s in hot climates or hot months!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

You did it to yourself Pal! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Hey seriously - if you're stuck on a "no A/C 914," then do as others suggest & keep your top on in daytime - including overcast days due to infrared & UV still getting through, off in the early am & nights, windows down with the footwell & windshield settings getting fresh air fan at full blast, roll your pant legs up & suck on a bottle of ice water, cold soda or something! I worked for me - sorta! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Otherwise, do what Betty says Clay did, & reinstall your A/C with updated compressor & R134 freon, then chill out with everything closed up!

IMHO it's possible to keep the vintage look of the condenser shroud in the front trunk (DPD or VPC per what was on your 914 from the dealer), & the original under dash vents & controls per original set-up, but with the newer R134 guts such as sold by AA.

Unfortunately, my 73 2L didn't come so equipped from the dealer, so I won't add A/C after-the-fact to mine, but would do the update like Betty's if it had! I spent too many hot SoCal days sweltering in my 914 when it was my DD & only car, on the way to/from meetings with the coat & tie on the pass. seat, pant legs rolled up, running the "Sears 2/75 A/C", sucking on a cold soda, back soaking wet & wishing I had friggin' A/C!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

... & we didn't have the PA summer humidity either! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Jeeesh! .... removes the A/C then whines about too hot, I mean really! REALLY! ... mutter, mutter, mutter, grumble, harumph! ....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jmill
post Aug 5 2010, 05:51 PM
Post #22

Green Hornet

Member No.: 9,038
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Temps here have been in the 90+ range for weeks. Humidity 90+ range too. I can deal with that. The mosquitos are an entirely different story. Them suckers are thick this year. I actually breathed in a couple today. Dont even think about walking in the shade or going out at dusk. Had about 10,00 of them chase me out from under a willow tree. Willow trees = mosquito headquarters.

What I do is close the garage door sit inside and pretend my jack stranded 914 is on the road. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Silverstreak
post Aug 5 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #23

Edmund J. Fournier #36

Member No.: 11,552
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(azbill @ Aug 5 2010, 11:53 AM) *

You guys should try Phoenix Az during the monsoons today its going up to 110 or so with the humidity around 60%. It hot and sticky we don't do heat indexes we all know to stay in the an A/C environment. Isn't summer just great. I want the winter again to drive the teener. OK everyone feel sorry for the people living in Phoenix, Az.

60%? Please, that aint shit. You can swim through the air here in Pensacola lately. Heat index of 115. Humidity in the 90%'s.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 05:44 AM