Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel Filters? what on earth do i use?, or does it matter as long as it filters?
Rusty
post Apr 15 2004, 12:32 AM
Post #21

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I agree with the clear fuel filters. I run two... one at the firewall and one near the battery where I can easily glance at it. The ones I bought at Autozone came with replaceable cartridges, so you can keep the same housing. I bought a bunch of the cartridges.

They seemed pretty good, and I haven't had junk in the idle jets since I installed them.

-Rusty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
John
post Apr 15 2004, 12:53 AM
Post #22

member? what's a member?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,615
Region Association: None

Geez, for my carbed setups, I usually use one large (low pressure differential) filter under the tank just before the pump and then a secondary filter just before the inlet on each carb.

Those anodized aluminum fittings look nice, but I'll stick with real pressure fittings made of steel. I get mine cheap from the local hydraulic hose supplier. Same threads, same looks, only WAY stronger...

I try to have a MINIMUM of fittings in fuel lines to reduce the risk of leakage. Fire is bad.

For the general run of the mill street car with carbs, just about any filter will do (as long as it is clean).

BTW, it is easier to unbolt that 914-6 mount from the car than taking it off the front of the engine when removing the engine........ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 04:54 AM