Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> luck favors the foolish, engine out, heads off, trans off
Joe Ricard
post Apr 12 2004, 07:47 PM
Post #1

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

Ya know someone was definately looking out for me in the marathon drive to bring my 70 1.7L home.

As I mentioned in an earlier post thought I had an exhaust leak or burnt valve. Better yet the head was lifting off the cylinders. doesn't look like any damage to the metal just lots of black exhaust tracks around the head sealing surface.

Then there is the fugly dirt and hair ball looking stuff laying on top of the cylinder fins. plus the usual leaves and oily dirt ball crap.

It is amazing the car ran all that way as hard as I was pushing it and still made it home. THIS IS WHY A CYLINDER HEAD TEMP GAUGE IS AN ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT.

Ran synthetic oil and barely put in a half a quart to keep it at the full line. Not bad for 3399 miles of high speed beating.

Oh the clutch is toast too. good thing I was talked in to opening up that spare motor. the clutch plate is an F&S sachs looks like a high performance piece. Turned the pressure plate and flywheel a nice brownish blue color.

Gee ya think the P.O. raced this car????? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Am I sorry I bought this car??? Absolutely frigging not. I am just going to fine tune what he started. and race it somemore (IMG:style_emoticons/default/boldblue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Got pics of what I found will post later. Got to get a digital camera. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/givemebeer.gif) sure am glad I marked everything. Lots of crap on these FI cars.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Joe Ricard   luck favors the foolish   Apr 12 2004, 07:47 PM
ablose58   :trophy: Joe, luck was definitely on your side...   Apr 12 2004, 08:19 PM
Bleyseng   God, as soon as I get the djet tuned for you, you ...   Apr 12 2004, 10:08 PM
Bruce Allert  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:05 AM