Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 1st Engine startup. 2.0 Six Top End Refresh, A few questions
Ericv1
post Aug 12 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,518
Region Association: Upper MidWest

So, tonight I fire up the 2.0L six since last September and it starts within the first five seconds. I adjust the idle to about 1500 rpms (As suggested in Waynes book) and let it run for 23 minutes. After 23 minutes, I adjust the idle down and can hear a NOTICEABLE knocking sound from the top engine compartment on the right hand side. Could this be a loose intake valve? The sound dissappears as I rev the engine. Or, at least I can't hear it as I rev it.
Second, my alternator light goes out when the engine is running but remains on when the ignition is turned off with the key out of the ignition.
Third, my oil pressure light never went out. I think I can fix this one pretty easily as I may have not wired it correctly. But, I was looking for opinions. In order for the light to work, does the oil temperature sensor need to be wired up?

If you can help me with one or all of these issues I would appreciate it. I'm especially concerned about the knocking. Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:08 PM