Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GearBox, a handy app for you engine builders
VaccaRabite
post Aug 16 2010, 08:19 AM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have been meaning to post about this, as the topic of Compression Ratios and Deck Heights comes up a few times a year.

I found a really handy app for my iPhone called GearBox. in fact, I liked it so much that I did a little QA testing for it, and my findings were included in the latest release. Its a free app that calculates Displacement and Compression Ratios in both metric and inch. It also does conversion from liters and cubic inches. I have found it quite handy, and I thought y'all might as well.

As far as I know, no one is making any money from this endorsement. I thought it might be helpful to someone here. It was for me.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Aug 16 2010, 09:02 AM
Post #2

Resident Electrician

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

They are charging $0.99 for that app. Try Gear Toolkit. It's free with more features.
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Aug 16 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #3

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Aug 16 2010, 10:02 AM) *

They are charging $0.99 for that app. Try Gear Toolkit. It's free with more features.

huh. I stand corrected. I guess the pre-rev1 I got was free, but newer versions cost a buck.

I'll look into Gear Toolkit. When I looked for this a few months ago, gearbox was the only engine calculator I could find. Makes sense that there would be more of them now.

Zach
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 06:44 AM