Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Window end caps
jeffdon
post Aug 16 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,087
Region Association: None

Damn, I am having a devil of a time getting the passenger side to fit. ANyone have a trick for making this work? Drivers side went in easy. This side, cannot get the holes for the screws anywhere near lining up. Heat in boiling water maybe?

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markb
post Aug 16 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #2

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Aug 16 2010, 09:19 AM) *

Damn, I am having a devil of a time getting the passenger side to fit. ANyone have a trick for making this work? Drivers side went in easy. This side, cannot get the holes for the screws anywhere near lining up. Heat in boiling water maybe?

Attached Image

The triangle window isn't sitting far enough down in the rubber to allow the cap to go on all the way.
+Quote Post
jeffdon
post Aug 16 2010, 02:20 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,087

QUOTE(markb @ Aug 16 2010, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Aug 16 2010, 09:19 AM) *

Attached Image

The triangle window isn't sitting far enough down in the rubber to allow the cap to go on all the way.

Seems to be seated. Been whanging on it with a plastic Mallet. Hmmm.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 16 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #4

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

The key is the triangle window gasket. They are a bit&% to install all the way in. From the picture it looks like it's not fully seated. You can try some soapy water to help it slide down the track. The issue is that the window forces the glazing portion of the seal to expand as it seats. Creating a kind of friction lock. I've got a idea for the redesign on these to make them much easier to install, but have yet to do it. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is to lubricate the rubber and try to get it seated all the way.
+Quote Post
DanT
post Aug 16 2010, 03:07 PM
Post #5

Going back to the Dark Side!

Member No.: 2,880

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 16 2010, 01:56 PM) *

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is to lubricate the rubber and try to get it seated all the way.

ain't it the truth (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
gasman
post Aug 16 2010, 03:46 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,602
Region Association: South East States

Going from an aging memory, I remember there are three 10mm bolts behind the door panel that goes to the front window guide and triangle window. When you loosen these bolts, go to the bottom adjustment nut with a screw in the middle. (it's located all the way on the bottom front of door)The screw will bring the triangle window and window channel out and in, the nut while loose, will let you move the window channel front and back. If you pull it toward the rear of car, that space you have will close. Tighten the nut. tighten up the three nuts you loosened to allow the window channel to move....I hope you understand because it's a little hard to explain.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Aug 17 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #7

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

This makes more sense. I'll look at this later this week. Otherwise the fit is a pain int he a&&.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 02:42 PM