Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window end caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
Damn, I am having a devil of a time getting the passenger side to fit. ANyone have a trick for making this work? Drivers side went in easy. This side, cannot get the holes for the screws anywhere near lining up. Heat in boiling water maybe?

Click to view attachment
markb
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Aug 16 2010, 09:19 AM) *

Damn, I am having a devil of a time getting the passenger side to fit. ANyone have a trick for making this work? Drivers side went in easy. This side, cannot get the holes for the screws anywhere near lining up. Heat in boiling water maybe?

Click to view attachment

The triangle window isn't sitting far enough down in the rubber to allow the cap to go on all the way.
jeffdon
QUOTE(markb @ Aug 16 2010, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Aug 16 2010, 09:19 AM) *

Click to view attachment

The triangle window isn't sitting far enough down in the rubber to allow the cap to go on all the way.

Seems to be seated. Been whanging on it with a plastic Mallet. Hmmm.
Mikey914
The key is the triangle window gasket. They are a bit&% to install all the way in. From the picture it looks like it's not fully seated. You can try some soapy water to help it slide down the track. The issue is that the window forces the glazing portion of the seal to expand as it seats. Creating a kind of friction lock. I've got a idea for the redesign on these to make them much easier to install, but have yet to do it. Unfortunately the only thing you can do is to lubricate the rubber and try to get it seated all the way.
DanT
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 16 2010, 01:56 PM) *

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is to lubricate the rubber and try to get it seated all the way.

ain't it the truth biggrin.gif
gasman
Going from an aging memory, I remember there are three 10mm bolts behind the door panel that goes to the front window guide and triangle window. When you loosen these bolts, go to the bottom adjustment nut with a screw in the middle. (it's located all the way on the bottom front of door)The screw will bring the triangle window and window channel out and in, the nut while loose, will let you move the window channel front and back. If you pull it toward the rear of car, that space you have will close. Tighten the nut. tighten up the three nuts you loosened to allow the window channel to move....I hope you understand because it's a little hard to explain.
Mikey914
This makes more sense. I'll look at this later this week. Otherwise the fit is a pain int he a&&.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.