Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Update on this years PacificNW914meet
JRust
post Apr 13 2004, 04:20 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Our yearly meet might need to take place somewhere other than my Pizza Parlor. I honestly have been losing money for a while & am ready to stop the bleeding. I was a little to stubborn in not selling alchohol. It just didn't sit well with me & I never did it. That & people jerking me around with buying the place the last 8 months. I'm tired, broke & more than a little depressed about the whole thing. I am feeling a little better knowing I am near the end of this chapter in my life. I also had to close my Video store last December because a Hollywood video opened. The big companies Hollywood & Little ceasars have cost me alot this year.
Enough of my life & back to the meet. Anyone willing to take up the torch this year. I would gladly host the meet at my house for a BBQ if need be. I don't see myself having the time to plan it this year though. I am not real sure what I will be doing at this point yet as far as work. So I don't want to commit my time to this that I may not have.
On a better note my family is great & I'm looking forward to a summer of fun. Hopefully involving me driving another 914 again! Although I will admit my 914 life has been temporarily filled in with my 4wheelin at the dunes. A totally different thing but a blast! We'll see you all soon- Jamie
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Porsche Rescue
post Apr 13 2004, 05:51 PM
Post #2

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Member No.: 64
Region Association: None

Good to hear from you Jamie. Hope all works out for you.
Don't know if the landlord would approve, but I nominate Craig's New Expanded Camp 914. It's located near some nice two-lane country roads. Maybe put a swap meet in there as well.
Jim
+Quote Post
Gint
post Apr 13 2004, 06:28 PM
Post #3

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I wish you the best Jamie. I hope everything works out.

I'm all for the Camp 914 location. I might even make a flight. You guys have dates?
+Quote Post
ablose58
post Apr 13 2004, 07:58 PM
Post #4

rust never sleeps

Member No.: 1,422

Keep me posted guys. A swap meet sounds great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) AL PS best o luck to you jamie!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post
scotty
post Apr 13 2004, 09:02 PM
Post #5

The Fun Never Stops

Member No.: 718

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
my family is great & I'm looking forward to a summer of fun.

Glad to hear it, Jamie! For what it's worth, Little Ceasar makes crappy pizza -- as bad as Dominos.

Swap meet? Heck, my wife wants some of this stuff *gone* ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
red914
post Apr 13 2004, 09:46 PM
Post #6

...i believe in coyotes and time as an abstract...

Member No.: 1,641

a swap meet and pacnw meeting? as long as it is in late june, july, or august, and on a weekend, it sounds great! and Camp914 could be a swell place! what do Craig and Jim think?

little ceasar's doesn't qualify as pizza in civilized nations, does it? and i make it a point to never set foot in a hollyweird video. sorry to hear about an independent pizza joint closing. good luck in your next venture.
+Quote Post
Porsche Rescue
post Apr 13 2004, 10:04 PM
Post #7

Saving and Enjoying Old Porsches

Member No.: 64

I probably put my foot in it. Camp 914 is Craig's so I can't speak for him (too much anyway). Craig rents the facility and the landlord lives on the property. So first issue, if Craig is interested, is whether the landlord would allow us to disrupt him for a day. We'll see.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 07:47 AM